@idefix37 Ah so it seems! Totally forgot that there's the isolines box in the drawer :) Thank you
Hang gliding pilots who use Windy
RE: Windy 3D mode is back!
Awesome work :) Thank you!!
As for charging for it - I think you guys absolutely deserve to get paid. There's no forcing in providing a good quality service with awesome features and qualities such as smoothness and relative simplicity, listening to the folks who use your stuff, and doing it all sustainably w/o going out of business. Keep at it!
Weather radar w/ pressure lines
Can you add the pressure lines toggle to weather radar? Would make it way easier and faster to infer in which direction the rainy areas are likely moving without having to either check the wind screen or scan back and forth with the time slider and then try to infer and extrapolate from that :-)
RE: Maximum altitude of the thermal (Potential of height of the Thermal - Mixed Layer Height)
Boundary layer would be an interesting part to see visualized.
You could make it premium, label it experimental and stash it in some weird container where it can live even if it was buggy or otherwise non perfect, and subject to change or removal later on.
Then it'd be a matter of defining a scale and creating & serving tiles for a specific parameter of a model right? You could also add more parameters for experimentation without perhaps committing to them fully. Might even generate the tiles runtime, even if that was slower, just to make it easier to experiment with parameters and see what would finally make it's way to the actual list of layers
RE: Your animations
To download this video just click with right mouse button on this link and select "Save link as..."
This video is licenced under Creative Commons licence (CC-BY 3) and can be used/modified freely in any possible way. Just mention Windy.com
Create your own animation at https://www.windy.com/animate
RE: Windy.com brings high visibility satellite layer
Všimnul jsem si toho před pár dny, a je to paráda, hlavně jak to krásně odděluje pevninu. Ještě by se mi líbil nějaký hybrid s IR ;-)
On this day: Hurricane Camille made landfall in Mississippi on August 17, 1969
Today is the 51st Anniversary of the Hurricane Camille landfall in Mississippi on August 17, 1969.
Hurricane Camille made landfall late in the evening near Waveland, Mississippi. Combination of wind, surge, and rainfall resulted in 256 deaths (143 along the Gulf Coast and 113 in the Virginia floods).
- Hurricane Camille made landfall, along the Mississippi Gulf Coast near Waveland late in the evening on August 17
- Camille is one of only four Category 5 hurricanes ever to make landfall in the continental United States (Atlantic Basin)
- Camille ranks as the 2nd most intense hurricane to strike the continental US, and resulted in 256 deaths
- The actual maximum sustained winds of the hurricane are not known as Hurricane Camille destroyed all the wind-recording instruments in the landfall area
- Re-analysis data found landfall intensity and peak winds of 150 knots (roughly 175 mph) along the coast, with 900 mb pressure
- A devastating storm tide of 24.6 feet occurred west of our area in Pass Christian, Mississippi.
Hurricane Camille path, timeline of the damage, in-depth description of the event, and also short fact-check of the often-publicized “hurricane party” story can be found in my Hurricane Camille article at Extreme Weather Club website.