When and How to Create a New Group
Groups can gather people of similar focus and/or similar locations.
- The “Groups” section displays the same content as is displayed in the Categories >> Topics, depending on who is a member of what group.
- Every user can pick a “Badge” related to a group (only one of the groups they're in) and issue it on their profile. This can be set via >> Profile >> Edit Profile >> Group Title.
- There is no other special function of the “Groups” section – and therefore no reason to get crazy setting new groups. :-)
If you want to create a new group, please do your best to follow this procedure:
- Check if there is a similar group already existing.
- If it is, join that group. Please do not create a duplicate group just with a slightly different meaning or title.
- If it’s not, you can create a new group.
- If there’s a group referring to an activity in a very general way, while you’d like to specify a location for that activity etc., you can create a new group with a geographic specification in the group name.
Don’t create a non-sense group name. Such groups will be deleted instantly.
Use English (or universal, internationally readable) words in the group name.
- In case you use a different language, whether in Latin, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese or any other letters, make sure to include (in brackets) an English translation of the group name.
- In case the group name refers to a geographic location (state, city, mountain, river, etc.), make sure to include (in brackets) the full name of the country concerned.
--> Example: מזג אויר רכס ארסוף (Weather in Arsuf, Israel) ; 台灣地震分析 (Taiwan Seismic Analysis) .
If you can, set your group as Public, not Private. Otherwise, we will set it as Public.
Upload a cover picture which best describes the activity and/or location that your group refers to. If you don’t, we will upload one.
--> Tip: You can use pictures that you took, or free photos from Unsplash.com.
If you don’t respect these rules (or at least try to), we will keep deleting any duplicate and/or non-sense groups. We really want to keep the “Groups” section clear and comfortable for everyone.
Thank you for understanding & enjoy!
UPDATE: For the reasons mentioned above, we have recently disabled the option to create new groups.
If you want to create a new group, please let me know its purpose and the title, and I will create it for you (or not). :)
RE: No wave data
Dear @sandybig , we will not be able to change it because you are most probably referring to another "Windy app":
Our very own Windy is completely free of charge, no paying for our service, no "pro versions", no "pro features", no adds.
RE: Edit User Name?
Hi @chsmith314 , please check this link: https://community.windy.com/topic/6121/change-username/4
How to Change Username or Password
After repeated requests, we have just enabled the option to change your usernames (by yourselves, which wasn't possible until now).
You can do so via >> Profile >> Edit Profile >> Change Username.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have ever been tagged by someone in their post via the @previous-username-that-you-no-longer-have , the tag will not automatically change to your new username, and will not remain an active clickable tag. Instead, it will stay the way it was, just as a normal text.
To change your profile picture / email / password, or to delete your account, just follow the same process clicking the appropriate button.
To reset a forgotten or non-functional password, let me suggest you these tips on what to do first before contacting us for assistance:
Make sure that the user account you refer to (+ your email address + password) is associated with our Windy.com (which is completely free of charge and has no "pro" version), and not with some misleading "Windy app" etc.
We can only provide assistance within our own service, not within competitive services including those that rob our brand.
Make sure that your mailbox has not run out of capacity. In case it has, then even if you're still able to send emails, you can no longer receive ones. Please clean your mailbox and/or try to increase its capacity.
Of course, we are always happy to help! :) However, there's nothing we can do for you if our emails with instructions and helpful links keep automatically returning to us by the Mail Delivery System.
In case that none of these steps have helped, please contact us at info[at]windy.com from a different email address with a different email service provider. This may be a domain blocking problem.
Shortened version of this link: https://on.windy.com/ProfileEdit
RE: Widget na iPhone
Dobrý den, můžete prosím upřesnit, co máte na mysli pod pojmem "widget"? Widget máme zatím jen pro Android, nikoliv pro iOS.
Co se pak týká zobrazení radaru, ten je pro naši lokalitu zatím "bez pokrytí", jelikož funkce Meteoradar zatím ještě není pro Evropu implementovaná v aplikaci, pouze na webových browserech. To se ale brzy změní, tak prosím vyčkejte. :)
Dobrý den, pro náš widget zatím využíváme jako providera pouze ECMWF model. https://community.windy.com/topic/5683/model-widget
Máte-li jakýkoliv návrh či problém s widgetem pro Android, prosím neváhejte nás kontaktovat zde: on.windy.com/AndroidWidget