Group Details Private
Windy API4 – Paid Users
This group is to gather users of the Paid version of Windy API.
If you want to be quickly recognizable when posting in our discussion forum (category Windy API v4), please add the "Paid API user" badge next to your username (Edit Profile >> Group Title).
Windy community forum rules
Following is the list of Windy community forum rules.
I. Key words that are not allowed in usernames:
- an official name of an organisation that you do NOT represent
- a fictive organisation name
- false identities and misleading names like "Weather Center" etc.
... (this list might be replenished according to our needs)
We reserve the right to ask you to change your uncomplying nickname or, in the next step, to change it ourselves.
II. Promoting your business is not allowed here. The main and sole purpose of this forum is to discuss the weather and our web/application Windy.com.
Thank you for respecting these rules.
RE: Can we use pictures, animations or videos from Windy in our TV, webpage, newspaper, project...
@AtlanticPM1 Hello Tammy, thank you for contacting us. I have replied to your email, basically there is no problem at all. :)
NEMS: Forecast detail for ocean locations is displaying UTC instead of local time
- 'Display all times in UTC' option is OFF.
- Place the picker somewhere on the mainland (e.g. in the USA) and open the forecast detail.
- Click through all available forecast models and watch the time slider. All models are showing the local time, including NEMS – which is correct.
- With the forecast detail still open, click somewhere in the ocean (e.g. around the USA), far enough from the mainland.
- Click through all available models and watch the time slider. All models are showing the local time, except NEMS that is displaying UTC time.
NAM on land: 10 AM = OK
NEMS on land: 10 AM = OK
NAM in the ocean: 10 AM = OK
NEMS in the ocean: 3 PM = WRONG
RE: 5-Day Forecast
Windy API provides "only" our Leaflet extensions and map tools. It allows you to use Windy map layers and read its data. Forecast is not part of the API, unfortunately. But we would like to provide more our services via API in the future (forecast, of course, would be part of that). But at this moment, we are not able to tell when and if ever it will be.
RE: Subscription - how to unsubscribe?
At the end of each email of this type, there should be a clickable button "Edit / Unsubscribe this alert" (I have just checked it again). You can also take a look at this tutorial: https://blog.windy.com/email-alert