How to add your webcam to Windy
Join the Windy community and make your webcam available to worldwide audience.
There are 2 options to add a camera to Windy.com, depending on your camera brand, your skills and network options.
Windy servers need permanent access to the latest snapshot (not video) of your webcam using image URL address. To do so, you need to:
- Make camera IP address accessible from the internet:
- Have public IP address for your network
- Set port-forwarding in your router
- Have a supported camera (see below)
- Submit a camera to Windy via this form and wait for approval
You can add views to your webcam during the submission process, they identify what area the webcam captures and will also determine what category and title is assigned to each webcam.
- RoundShot (Switzerland), Fotowebcam (Austria), PanoCloud (Austria), SIETEC engineering (Switzerland), WLAN Netzerktechnik (Austria), Repro Schicker (Switzerland), Cre@Weather (France), Vision-environment (France)
What happens after submission?
Once you submit your webcam application, we will review your webcam and test if downloading data on regular daily basis is possible, therefore it is important to provide us with a correct image URL. Webcam approval usually takes a few days.
If approved, you will be notified about the successful submission and your webcam will go live!
2. Via AngelCam
Angelcam supports 99% of IP cameras and provides an easy, secure, and reliable solution how to access a camera remotely. There is no need of having a public & static IP address and no need to set up port-forwarding in your router.
Besides other services, Angelcam offers broadcasting from IP cameras including Windy integration. Angelcam will check when the camera goes offline and will let you know.
Follow the step by step manual How to connect an IP camera to Windy. When you signup use code “H48MTREC2S” for the 50% discount for the Essentials pla
If you need any assistance reach us at email@example.com.