Time zone plugin
- Plugin displays the different timezones.
- Regions, offsets and DST rules are obtained from the timezone database: www.iana.org/time-zones. This database is maintained by Paul Eggert.
- Only the current DST rules are included in the plugin.
- The shapefiles were created by Evan Siroky: github.com/evansiroky/timezone-boundary-builder/releases.
- I have simplified the polygons considerably with Agafonkin's simplify program, ported to python (https://github.com/omarestrella/simplify.py). It is loaded into windy as a binary file, of approximately 1MB.