Sulfur Data over Wuhan China

• I am confused - what does this level of sulfur over Wuhan China truly indicate?
    I have see other versions of this data "debunked" on various websites as "normal" but when I alter the legend to account for greater numbers and more colors the amount of sulfur is off the charts - I can find no where else on the earth that even comes close to these amounts.

I look several times a day and it does fluctuate - but it is always the most on earth.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

WuhanChina.png

• Nevertheless, I would like to point out, that Windy does only visualize the forecast of SO2 values. Therefore, unexpected activity such as burning bodies due to the coronavirus, would not be displayed on Windy. Why? Because forecasts do not predict human unexpected activities nor nature events like volcano eruption.

-- Korina said in elevated S02 levels in Wuhan China - links to coronavirus?.

• What would motivate Windy.com to "forecast" elevated levels of sulfur adjacent to Wuhan?

• Sailor

@SeeingClearly
    Come on ! Windy.com does NOT make any forecast of SO2, or of any other parameters.
    They are sourced from weather models and satellite observations. In the case of sulfur dioxide the data are provided by the NASA.

Capture d’écran 2020-03-12 à 15.19.15.png

https://earth.nullschool.net/ shows similar SO2 map as they use the same data from NASA GEOS-5

Capture d’écran 2020-03-12 à 15.43.52.JPG

May be the these data from GEOS-5 are overestimated?

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Policy