Still requires some work, but usable.
- This Covid-19 plugin displays the dramatic unfolding of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- The historical data come from Johns Hopkins CSSE's repo on github: https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19.
- The Johns Hopkins github data lag their dashboard by a few hours.
- The most recent data come from Worldometer: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries.
- I obtained the geojson files for the region boundaries from various sources, predominantly from here: https://geojson-maps.ash.ms.
- The population data also come mostly from https://geojson-maps.ash.ms, and Wikipedia.
- The data are displayed as an interactive chloropleth map, the color shading is logarithmic by default.
- You can select absolute cases or cases per population, and all cases or new cases over a selected number of days (1-7).
- Moving the time slider at the bottom, updates the map.
- The left pane shows the graphs of the country selected with the Picker. If the Picker is closed, the world is shown.
Latest changes: Added the most recent data from Worldometer and added a slider to select the number of days (1-7) for new cases. To-do the population data seem outdated.
@rittels Wow! It will be there as soon as possible. Thank you!
@rittels Hi, the covid plugin seems to be broken. Are you planning to update it?
Hi Korina. Not immediately. Not sure if it is still relevant?
@rittels Thank you for update. Just wanted to check since a user was asking.