What to do if you can't access your Windy Premium features
in case you are having issues activating your Windy Premium subscription, please follow the steps below.
Note that purchase needs to be restored on the platform, where is it was purchased, e.g. you will not be able to restore Premium on mobile phone (in-app), if it was purchased on desktop (via FastSpring), but you will have to restore on desktop as well.
Furthermore, purchasing Windy Premium will give you access to Premium features on all platforms (desktop, Android and iOS), you do not need to purchase separately for each platform.
And as a last thing, you need to have Windy account in order to use Windy Premium. If you do not have one, please register here community.windy.com/register
If you purchased on App Store or Google Store
1. Make sure you have the newest version of Windy, go to App/Google store and check there is no update, if yes, update it
2. Open Windy on a device, where you made the purchase, and log in with your Windy account, if you have not done so already
3. Initiate a window with subscription offer -> go to menu -> Windy Premium or click on the 1h forecast button in the detail of a certain location
4. Under the Monthly and Annual subscription options, you will find a button called 'Restore purchases'
5. Click the button
After clicking the button 'Restore purchases', you Windy Premium should be assigned to your account in case you have already bought it, but for some reason, it was not assigned.
If even this results in error, check you have a stable internet connection and try again. In case, you are still having troubles, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it. Please prepare your username.
If you subscribed via Desktop
1. Go to desktop and log in with your Windy account
2. Open the subscription offer window (e.g. click on the 1h forecast button in the detail of a certain location)
3. Click on 'Restore purchases'
3. On the next page, insert the subscription Order Reference code, you will find in your mail box
If you purchased on a Huawei phone without Google Play
1. Follow the instructions for the desktop
In case this option fails, please let us know your username and email, you made the purchase with at email@example.com.
How to know your Windy Premium is active?
Active Premium can be recognized by a little crown next to your profile.
works now, thank you for your help !
@Korina : why is it possible to purchase without a given username? And how to restore my purchase in this case?
Hello Windy support team,
First: great software - i love it!
I just purchased the iphone app via the apple store.
I also use windy via browser on my desktop (without the pro version).
Can i use my pro account off the purchased IOS app to function
with pro-functions on my desktop in the browser?
petra.pik last edited by
Hello @superkraft, thank you for your feedback and for supporting us by subscribing to Windy Premium!
If you log in to the browser on your desktop, you will have an access to premium features.
@petra-pik Thanks so much :-)
@petra-pik .... Well it does not seam to work ... :-(
It still asks me to restore my purchase...
I do not know which serial to enter.
Did i receive as serial with the purchase on the IOS app store?
petra.pik last edited by
@superkraft do you see premium features on your iOS device? You can check this by activating a 1-hour forecast in the forecast detail.
Proc tady nemate screenshot s avatarem kde je korunka
@ivo Dobrý nápad, screenshot přidáme.