Satellite layer bands
Why on satellite images bands are present?!
@Bohdan-f Hello, please let us know the location of this example. Thank you.
For example near Kyiv at high level of zoom
I'm using android app
vsinceac | Premium last edited by vsinceac
I was not able to reproduce such a side-effect on PC+Chrome; it may be related to the big map scale you're using:
- EUMETSAT image products are provided with resolution of 1.7 Km by pixel (0.5 up to 1 km by pixel for GOES and HIMAWARI products)
- your screenshots above show a map scale of about 3 cm on screen for 10 km on Earth
- on such a map scale, each native satellite image pixel/value would be displayed on your screen as a square of 5x5mm, which is pretty "big"
- I think such a big map scale is not pertinent for displaying satellite images with much lower resolution
- just try a more reasonable scale for satellite images; I guess the "bands" effect would disappear