Recommended weather stations?
I'd like to invest in a personal weather station. There are not too many stations around where I live, and I'd like to contribute to the Windy community with data.
Can you please suggest any "set it and forget it" type stations that wouldn't break the bank and are compatible with Windy?
My budget is ~$300 (including shipping to EU).
Any suggestions are welcome.
Some extra aspects:
- I live in a valley of some sort (we have a 500m ridge to the south, and a relatively large river to the north, ~1000m away)
- I can install stuff on my rooftop, including a pole if needed...
- ...But I'm looking for a wireless device (ie. I don't want to put any wiring up there)
- I'd like to have the "usual" package, ie. temperature, wind speed+direction, rainmeter
- I need something that doesn't need too much maintenance. Once or twice a year it's OK to go to the roof, but preferably not more than that :)
Still looking for some suggestions folks.
Can you please help me out? I'm interested in firsthand experience with PWS units used with Windy.
Please help :)
I can recommend you the HP3500B weather station by Ecowitt: here
or HP3501 wireless weather station: here
The advantage are separated sensors for all parameters. You can mount anemometer on the rooftop and temperature sensor in the different place 2 meters above the ground. I have one and by the CumulusMX I upload data to windy.com
Here you have a review: