Export track

• Hi
    I needed to export a track from the Android version of windy maps. As there is no built in support this is how I managed export to gpx format. It is a little bit tricky and requires some computer skills.

1. Copy the log file for the correct date from the mobile app to a computer running windows or linux. On my mobile the log files was found in the folder android/datacom.seznam.windymaps/files/logs
    2. Run the following UNIX commands from the command line on UNIX (or Windows with gnuwin32) installed.
      echo time,latitude,longitude >gps.csv
      grep -E "loc.*gps" TheLogFile.txt | cut -d; -f1,5,6 | cut -c2-8,28- | tr ";" "," | sort >>gps.csv
    3. The gps.csv file contains time, latitude and longitude in a comma separated file format.
    4. Convert the gps.csv file to gpx format with e.g. https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input. Note that the date will be todays date, not the track date.

Note that this is what I used to export one track and no more testing has been done.

Regards Jan

• Administrator

@Jrox Hello, exporting tracks is not available at the moment, but we will consider it for the future development.

• Hi Jan,

Thanks for the post! You saved me a lot of time. I've found a typo in point 2: [ cut -d; ] should be wrapped with ' ' as follows [ cut -d';' ] . All the rest worked fine.

Best regards,
    Egor

• thanks!!! for tips&tricks...

i made a small script in vbscript for win.. to convert direct in gpx...
    i hope for a future version of app with direct exportation in gpx..
    I think it's simple to add this futures..

• Administrator

@albertinim Hello, if you mean exporting tracks in Windy Maps, then this feature is on our to-do list. Meanwhile, you can still export tracks on Windy.com using the Route planner :)

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Policy