Missing radar section

• I live in Winnipeg, Canada. The map shows I'm apparently within radar coverage, but any precipitation we have here does not show up. It appears as if Winnipeg is within a squared off radar restricted boundary. What's happening here? See attachment. Thanks.Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.50.13 AM.jpg

• Hello @TeeFrix, thank you for letting us know. This seems like problem on provider's side, but we will investigate it :)

• What have you found out about this? In the meantime, the temps are way off as well, mostly in the mornings. See attachments for comparisons with other trusted weather reports.

• IMG_8456.PNG IMG_8237.PNG

• Sailor Moderator

@TeeFrix
    You compare the observed temperature 48/58 minutes ago with the forecast temperature for the next 3 hours. The temperature changes are very quick in the morning with anticyclonic conditions (1025hPa) and without cloudiness. This can explain the discrepancy. You should use the ‘observation vs forecast’ feature to see which is the best model for your location. Unfortunately then you cannot choose another model than ECMWF in the widget.

0411800A-0DE4-4CC6-93BC-2B55C01DBA4B.jpeg

Concerning the radar coverage, there is no longer problem?

• Thanks for this detailed response about the temperature variation. I'll try what you suggest! About the radar coverage, it still seems to block out my area. It's snowing heavily here right now - attached are screenshots from windy.com and from AccuWeather. Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.51.27 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.50.35 PM.jpg

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Policy