• | Premium

Hi

I've just signed up to the Premium account - not so much for the extras, more to support a site I use quite regularly. However, now that the updates are /hour instead of /3 hours, when I animate the weather for the coming days it moves really slowly. Is there a way to speed it up? Or do I have to log out of my premium account to see it faster?

Thanks

NB

• Meteorologist | Premium

@nb99
    With Premium, you can see the forecast per hour but this is different as having a new update every hour, which is bot the case.
    The weather forecast updates depend of the model you use. For instance as a Premium user you can get 4 updates per day with IFS. Each update can be split by 3h or 1h

• | Premium

Hi Thanks for the reply. I think perhaps I didn't explain my issue so well. On the normal version, when I press the "play" button, it moves the weather forward in 3 (or maybe 4) hour chunks - so it plays fairly quickly. On the premium version, it moves forward in 1 hour chunks so takes a lot longer to see the progression of the weather. Does that make more sense?

If so, I'd like to know if there's a way to speed up the "play" animation in premium.

• | Premium

Yeah this is a shame. I'm going to have to log out of my premium account because I can't use it when the "play" function now operates so slowly. How is there not an option to speed up the "play" speed of the coming days? Can't ever recall a situation when the premium option was worse than the free one. Very disappointing.

• Sailor Moderator

@nb99

Instead of pressing the ‘Play’ button, use the R & L arrow keys of your keyboard to change the weather by 1h step and thus to control the speed.

• | Premium

@idefix37
    Thanks for this - this is a reasonable fix. Shame there isn't an option to accelerate the animation though as sometimes it's nice to see the week evolution quicker rather than slower. Thanks for your idea though.

• Administrator

@nb99 Hello, I understand your suggestion, we added the slower animation for users to better view the 1 hour difference.

• | Premium

I think to remember there used to be an animation speed selector (turtle -> rabbit). Maybe this could be an option so we could choose the play speed ourselves?

• @primuszoon, thank you for the feedback, we will consider it when discussing new features.

• | Premium

I also paid to upgrade only to support the app.
    The slow scrolling speed when you push play is very annoying. Swiping left and right to speed it up is not a fix because with a quicker, automatic and consistent scrolling speed you get a "feel" for how fast the changes are developing. You can't do this manually. This is a downgrade of the paid apps usefulness. I agree with a previous poster, put the turtle/hare switch back

• Administrator

@ckwin Hello, thank you for feedback. On desktop, you can move the animation with arrows on your keyboard, so it is easier to control the speed.

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Policy