Wind animation direction different (wrong?) at high zoom levels (sometimes) in Chrome
Dear Windy team,
I have spotted an unexpected behaviour in Chrome on macOS where the wind animation for a forecast sometimes appears to come from a different (incorrect?) direction at high zoom levels.
Video of the Unexpected Behaviour on Dropbox
Steps to Recreate
- Browse to windy.com in Chrome on macOS
- In the search bar, type Royston, UK then click on the first result (Royston, East of England)
- Click on the forecast timeline to a random point in the future
- Zoom in using the scroll wheel - one level at a time. Once you reach the maximum zoom level, zoom back out again one level at a time.
- Observe the animated wind direction for discrepancies at different zoom levels. If none are observed, go back to step 3 and repeat...
For any given point on the map, the wind animation is shown from the same direction at every zoom level.
Sometimes the wind direction at higher zoom levels differs significantly (incorrect direction?) from the direction shown at lower zoom levels & in the forecast timeline (correct direction?). The discrepancy in animated direction appears to usually be between the 4th & 5th highest zoom levels.
- Chrome 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (x86_6)
- macOS 10.14.6 Mojave
- Mac Pro 5,1 w/ Radeon RX 580 8 GB & 4k display
petra.pik last edited by
Hello @willrice, thank you for reporting this to us, we will look into it.