We have worked hard and diligently, so the new version is here! 99% of all the work was paying our technology debt, but we still tried to bring something new to our users :-)
What's new in version 36.0.0
- Hurricane tracker for 3D
- Satellite sun filter improvements (it is turned off at this moment, will be enabled later)
- Tens of bugfixes (picker, lightning vibrations & sound, color editor, ...)
Dev changes (for plugin developers)
- Complete refactor of the build (we are using custom rollup plugins now - will be released for plugin developers later to be consistent with our new build)
- Refactor of loading plugins (it should have no effect, just for the record)
- Following modules/components has been rewritten to proper TS/JS classes (long story short: use
new ClassName()instead of
- all weather renderes
- (some others which we suppose to not be used in plugins)
- (remaining "non-proper" classes will be refactored later, so feel free to prepare your plugins now, e.g.
const myInstance = 'instance' in ClassName ? ClassName.instance() : new ClassName()- this should be safe)
Windowmodule is completely cleaned from plugins logic (such as loading, unmounting etc...), it is strictly UI element now. All "plugins logic" was moved to new
How to report an issue from testing?
Just post a comment in this thread below :-) If you provide us with:
- a step-by-step manual how reproduce the error
- what exactly is wrong
- what it should do correctly
It will help us a lot! Thanks.
Please, try to not duplicate other reports. If you found someone else already report the same issue, just upvote his/her post.
How to join beta?
Open https://www.windy.com/beta-test address and follow the instructions. You can leave beta test at any time. To leave the test, just click "BETA" sign on Windy logo (or visit mentioned address again) and follow the instructions as well. In a case of a total disaster, delete the
beta=1cookie for the windy.com domain and refresh the page.
Beta test is available only for desktop (browser) version.
Feel free to disccuss anything! Not just bug reports :-) Thank you for your help!
Hi, I've got the Beta version and checked one or two points. The only found issue is the lightning sounds: I can't get them.
Should lightning show sound propagation circles as they were previously?
What are the changes for the color editor? May be fixes of reported issues? I did not find any.
Tested with iMac Mac OS Monterey.
@idefix37 As usual, thank you! :-) I will check the lightnings once again, just for to be sure. It should works as expected: circles (always) and sound (if turned on).
About bugfixes: we have internal bug tracker, where we report all user reportes and found issues. We picked all bugs related to what we wanted to fix and fix them all. So if it works for you without any issues, it is fixed correctly :-)
karachi0002 last edited by
New update release date ?
This post is deleted!
Beta test is closed, v36.0.0 has been released. Thank you all for your help!