Embed sample easily goes unstable (redraws forever)
mrpetewx | Premium last edited by mrpetewx
I've replicated the following in both Chrome and MS Edge browsers:
- Bring up the Embed "builder" UI (eg here)
- Zoom in a little (not sure this is necessary)
- Turn on the Spot forecast
- Now click-drag the map down/right, (scrolling to mark the correct location for the spot forecast, a spot NW of what I see)
Not every time, but incredibly easy to replicate the UI going into an endless loop. The following is what I see, and is my guess as to the actual bug
- Draws with forecast
- But forecast covers the current spot
- So it redraws without forecast
- Yet I dragged the map and actually want to mark a spot that will move the old spot off the map
- So it moves the map (but hasn't yet moved the spot -- is this the bug?)
- And we're back to step one in the loop!
Korina last edited by
@mrpetewx Hello, if you want to see the spot forecast, you need to select it in the left panel "include spot forecast", otherwise, the picker will not open. There is a short loop, when the embed refreshes 3 times, but it does not affect on the actual forecast.
mrpetewx | Premium last edited by
@Korina THANK YOU for the rapid response! I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you... lots of Real Life stuff.
Of course I understood about turning on spot forecast. That's part of my report.
I've played with this a bit more now.
While it does not redraw "forever", it easily redraws a LOT more than 2-3 times. Depending on the situation, I have now seen it take 10-20 redraws before it stops.
Not sure what's going on: some of the redraws seem to move the map center. Many do not. Clearly it's attempting to put the current spot in the visible map.
My thought: perhaps it should NOT redraw or auto-recenter at all in the builder? After all, the user is most likely scrolling and zooming to choose the place for their desired spot :)