Help us to test new Android App

• administrators

Click here to become tester of our Android app

New Android up is here and it is developed in completelly new technology called Apache Cordova. This brings some cons and pros, so lets compare old and new app.

Old Android app launched in Feb 2016

• Requires Android 4.0 and higher
    • Very fast map rendering and animation of particles
    • Contains only GFS model, and few weather overlays
    • Developement of new features is very slow and pain process for us
    • Right now contains roughly just 20% of functionality of www.windytv.com

New Android app (launched now)

• Requires Android 5.0 and higher
    • Animation and rendering of particles is not so fast and smooth as in old version
    • Right now contains 95% of functionality of www.windytv.com, including all overlays and forecast models.
    • Translated to 40 languages
    • Contains "low bandwidth mode" so you can choose if you want to save data or see very precise weather maps
    • Further developement process is very easy and fast for us, so we will be able to implement registration/login very soon so you will be able to sync all your favs with www.windytv.com

Once we launch the new app, there is no way back. We have no human resources to develop and support old devices with version 4.x.x and lower.

Please use this discussion thread for your Android app feedback and bug reports.

Privacy policy: The app uses GPS to determine your location on startup in order to show local weather forecast, but we do not collect these locations. Otherwise the app does not do anything against your privacy.

Click here to become tester of our Android app

This post is deleted!

This post is deleted!

• Hi there!
    First of all I'd like to thank you for the great web site, it works really well and is very useful.

I am currently using the beta version of the app on a Sony Xperia Z2, running CyanogenMod v12.1 (Android 5.1.1), and this is something I observed:

When using the 'wind' overlay, for example, once I start zooming in, the colors suddenly change. I mean, they are in a blueish like color, but from one point of zooming on, they get reddish like. I tested it in various parts of the world and saw the same effect. I did not test all possible overlays, but it happened to me with the wind, wind gusts and temperature options.

As already pointed out by @ivo, the app performance is decreased, and sometimes it gets really slow for rendering or moving the globe. I Hope it gets smoother as the software develops.

Anyway, the app is great and I will keep using it frequently, whenever I see a bug, I will surely report it.

Thanks!

São Paulo, Brasil

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps

Looks like your connection to Windy Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.