Start page in Android app

• Could there be a way to choose the startup page, particularly starting on the homepage? Rather than having to close the information pop-in box at the bottom of the start page in order to reveal the home icon in the lower-right, which then brings you to the homepage. Thank you for a wonderful app.

• administrators

Hi @kevahola, thanks for your message! It seems that the synchronization between Start-up location (can only be set in desktop Settings) and Homepage (in the app) is not working as it should. It might be some error so we will investigate it further. ~ Marie

Information for developer:

UPDATE:

A number of other users complaining via Google Play Console, just to mention some:

• "... Also the location is not reported correctly, it seems like it's cached somewhere." --- (Jun 20, 2018 at 6:24 PM ; OnePlus 6 ; Android 8.1)
    • "... and in addition it can not determine location." --- (Jun 23, 2018 at 8:36 PM ; Xperia XZ ; Android 8.0)
    • "Nevím, jak s tím pracovat. Nemohu si nastavit, aby při otevření aplikace bylo zobrazeno moje oblíbené místo." --- (Jun 24, 2018 at 10:40 AM ; Y5 2017 ; Android 6.0)
    • "Good informations... But why inspite of allow localisation, every time shows me another city?! And widget says localisation unnown?!" --- (Jul 18, 2018 at 11:57 AM ; Xperia™ M4 Aqua ; Android 6.0)
    • "Možná aplikace dobrá, ovšem určování polohy jí moc nejde." --- (Jul 23, 2018 at 10:30 AM ; Smart V8 ; Android 7.1)
    • "I can't search my location..." --- (Jul 31, 2018 at 3:52 AM ; Galaxy S9+ ; Android 8.0)
    • "Když zadám najit mou pozici, což bylo České Budějovice, najde to Prahu a Linz." --- (Aug 4, 2018 at 12:47 PM ; P8 lite 2017 ; Android 8,0)

Via FB:

• "Hi there, I need manual setting of my home location in the android app. Please bring it back - I don't want to waste battery power on GPS usage, and I don't want to use IP address, since that is soooooo unreliable, when using mobile data or even fixed wifi.
      When I switch on the app, I want to see a location that I manually set. If I want to see where I am, I need to turn on GPS of course and enable location access. I have already added my location as favourite, but it's just not it. Since I always need to go to favourites and select it. I also replied on the topic you sent link for." (July 2, 2018)

Or via e-mail.

Shortened version of this link: on.windy.com/StartPageAndroid

• Hi there,

I was redirected here by someone from your official Facebook site. I am replying here to let you know this either hasn't been solved or it is a new issue.
    I can't manually set my home location. I don't want to use GPS, since it is draining my battery and the IP address location is useless, since either on wifi or on mobile data, it always uses way different location, than where I am currently.

Please add an option to set my own home page and start page (or if they are the same, either way manual setting for this is necessary).

Thanks,

Jan

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps

Looks like your connection to Windy Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.