The forecast widgets load and show, but the radar widget isn't loading at all on my Android device. I've tried using the radar widget on many different internet connections, but it still won't work. What could I do?
gzip last edited by
- Font size is too small. I suppose 4x1 is ok since there isn't any more space but 4x2 should expand and increase font size to make it easier to read.
- It should display the next 24 hours only to make it easier to read. Scrolling may be added if possible for people who want multi-day forecast.
- If it is unable to retrieve data, it should continue to display the previous data. The error message could be displayed in the header next to the refresh button.
逐风者 last edited by
amine.23 last edited by
@Marienka I am from Algeria
sk8balin last edited by
I'm using a Oneplus 3T phone with Android 8.0. The widget works perfectly fine but it lacks of choice regarding the different weather forecasts available within the app. Is there a way to develop more options to customize the widget in an upcoming version of the app?
Besides that, Windy is the most beautiful and precise weather app out there, please keep it up! 🤟
Marienka last edited by Marienka
Username_taken last edited by
Device: Sony XZ2 Compact Android Version 9 Build 52.0.A.3.163 Kernel 4.9.112-perf+
For these two topics posted by Marienka above:
- Widget hangs forever after device boot
"After almost every reboot, the Windy widget gets stuck at the loading animation. Preferences icon is unresponsive, too. This is both a bug and a UI problem, because at some point the widget should realize it's failing, display the last downloaded weather information and show an icon that the current info can't be loaded."
- Bad widget UI: "Failed to retrieve data"
This message should only be displayed temporary. Then the last downloaded weather information should be displayed along with some kind of small warning icon that current information is not available. The way it's now, when you lose the connection, the entire widget becomes useless until you get a working connection again, even though it could display the old weather data that is probably still good enough.
The widget needs some kind of error icon instead of disabling it completely when it can't fetch new data.
Using Android 8.0.0: home page widget map.
Widget settings only control Location and Theme dark-light-transparent. Colourisation seems to be Radar .
Can map widget settings have a few additional selections for:
- Map Display: i.e. Radar / Lightning (precip & lightning), Marine (waves), and Aviation (airport vfr/mvfr/ifr & surface visibility). Colourization linked to app settings...
- Map Zoom View: i.e radius input 10, 25, 50, 100, etc around selected location.
.. with units & colourisation as selected in app.
Great app! Thanks.
Marienka last edited by
PedroVenancio last edited by
Dear Windy dev team,
First of all, I would like to thank for this great app and service.
I've the latest Windy version installed on an Android 6.0.1, and I noticed that the forecasts showed in the widget, does not match any of the models forecasts. Please see the images attached, and look at the rain forecast.
So, what is the source model used in the widget?
Thank you very much!