When and How to Create a New Group
Marienka last edited by Marienka
Groups can gather people of similar focus and/or similar locations.
- The “Groups” section displays the same content as is displayed in the Categories >> Topics, depending on who is a member of what group.
- Every user can pick a “Badge” related to a group (only one of the groups they're in) and issue it on their profile. This can be set via >> Profile >> Edit Profile >> Group Title.
- There is no other special function of the “Groups” section – and therefore no reason to get crazy setting new groups. :-)
If you want to create a new group, please do your best to follow this procedure:
- Check if there is a similar group already existing.
- If it is, join that group. Please do not create a duplicate group just with a slightly different meaning or title.
- If it’s not, you can create a new group.
- If there’s a group referring to an activity in a very general way, while you’d like to specify a location for that activity etc., you can create a new group with a geographic specification in the group name.
Don’t create a non-sense group name. Such groups will be deleted instantly.
Use English (or universal, internationally readable) words in the group name.
- In case you use a different language, whether in Latin, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese or any other letters, make sure to include (in brackets) an English translation of the group name.
- In case the group name refers to a geographic location (state, city, mountain, river, etc.), make sure to include (in brackets) the full name of the country concerned.
--> Example: מזג אויר רכס ארסוף (Weather in Arsuf, Israel) ; 台灣地震分析 (Taiwan Seismic Analysis) .
If you can, set your group as Public, not Private. Otherwise, we will set it as Public.
Upload a cover picture which best describes the activity and/or location that your group refers to. If you don’t, we will upload one.
--> Tip: You can use pictures that you took, or free photos from Unsplash.com.
If you don’t respect these rules (or at least try to), we will keep deleting any duplicate and/or non-sense groups. We really want to keep the “Groups” section clear and comfortable for everyone.
Thank you for understanding & enjoy!
UPDATE: For the reasons mentioned above, we have recently disabled the option to create new groups.
If you want to create a new group, please let me know its purpose and the title, and I will create it for you (or not). :)
crazy28455 last edited by
Hi I would like to create a group called North/South Carolina,it would be for all my family and friends in north and south Carolina to chat and talk about the weather.
BarboraSamkova last edited by
@crazy28455 Please send me some details through our email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk about it.
Harry J. Potter last edited by
@marienka hullo I would like to create a group called Weather in the British Isles okay
my ruddy townspeople don't give me enough information on the weather and i need somewhere to discuss
USMOJO | Premium last edited by
@marienka Did not find an existing group for Texas. Would like to have one created and see if there is any interest by other members in joining. Recently became a Premium Windy subscriber. Thanks. :-)
@usmojo Hello, there is currently no such group for Texas. I am able to create it for you. Should the name be "Texas"?
@harry-j-potter Hello, could you please share more details about the potential group?
USMOJO | Premium last edited by
@korina Thanks for asking. If the name of the group can be edited later should it become too cluttered, then yes, just TEXAS should be fine. Initially, the topic should be weather-related of course, but some may begin to post political stuff. Thanks again. :-)
@usmojo I've sent you invite to the group.