Android app default map layer.

• Could you please include on option to change the default map layer on startup of the Android app ? Currently it always starts on the Wind layer however I don't really use that one and would prefer if I could choose my own default layer when the app opens.

No, because this is Windy.. Not rainy or radary 😃

• Yes, I understand the name of the app however with many other non-wind related layers in the app it immediately broadens the scope of the whole thing beyond just it's name. If you can't have a default option for whatever reason then how about just allowing the app to remember the last used layer.

@orrcra said in Android app default map layer.:

Yes, I understand the name of the app however with many other non-wind related layers in the app it immediately broadens the scope of the whole thing beyond just it's name. If you can't have a default option for whatever reason then how about just allowing the app to remember the last used layer.

No..again..it's windy..and windy want, that you see wind first.

• Wow okay, love the arrogance. Was just a suggestion mate. In that case, going along with your summation of my question the app should really have all the non-Wind related layers removed and just show the wind only

• Sorry Orrcra, I'm with Windy here. I fail to see the logic. Once in the app any layer of weather you want is just a click away. Having one layer of another would save you home much time? Half a second? Sheesh!

• @theaudiman Yes, that seems like a really basic feature to not have to reset the "view" you want.

• @Tomber42 you are quite cocky and your attitude could def use a bit of adjusting. Since windy now has the option for people to donate to keep you guys up and running, I would suggest you perhaps start listening to what your paid users want. Just a thought!!

• Open Android device Settings.
    Enter the Apps menu (sometimes called Application Manager).
    Swipe over to the All apps list.
    Scroll down and tap on Waze.
    Tap Open by default.
    Tap Clear defaults if any exist, then tap Open supported links and choose the relevant option: Open in this app. Ask every time.
    Here are contents about how to use the program to toggle the map layer:
    https://docsbay.net/arcgis-android-map-layer-toggle

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps