Weather Radar !

• Just wondering, why in the app on the Weather Radar does it only tell me what has happened, and doesn’t show an actual forecast. Seems to be the opposite of a weather radar if it only tells you things that have happened in the past, 23 mins ago a thunderstorm hit. I know, I’m wet and cold! Thanks.

The weather radar displays recent past up to 12 hours and the current precipitation. It is not a forecast tool except that you can view the radar loop and see which direction the rain/thunderstorms are moving.

• Sailor

@graham2941
    Weather radars provide images of instant rainfall. If you gather images during the last hour, it will give you a sort of video of the last rainfall during this hour.
    A weather radar can NEVER provide predictive images.
    Same as your camera can take pictures or video but never shows images of the future.
    Weather website or App showing so called « future radar » show an extrapolation of the last radar image applied during the next hour. If a new rain zone appears during this time you will not see it. However there are some high resolution weather models which are able to provide rainfall forecasts that look like a radar image. This not radar but just an avatar of radar.

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps

Looks like your connection to Windy Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.