Changing scale from °F to °C or vice versa.

If you find the °F scale is on the lower right corner of the screen and you want the °C scale (or vice versa), then follow this simply procedure. Also, if you are having difficulty changing the scale using an Android or iOS app, then do this using their website viewed in a browser. Changes made in the browser save to the cloud and will become part of your app also.

First, make sure you have selected the temperature layer.
    0_1537044846901_Windy Layers - arrow points to temp.jpg
    Then simply click on the °F or the °C icon to change the scale.
    0_1537044982456_Windy - Change F -C.jpg .

Good Luck.

• doesn’t work. Wont change from F to C on app. frustrating...

@jiminsandiego said in Changing scale from °F to °C or vice versa.:

if you are having difficulty changing the scale using an Android or iOS app, then do this using their website viewed in a browser.

As I said above, if you are having difficulty changing the scale using an Android or iOS app, then do this using their website viewed in a browser. There are some changes which can only be done on the website using a browser. I don't have a complete list of what can and what cannot be changed in an app so I always make my changes on my computer using my browser.
    When you close your settings in the browser, they are saved to the cloud and are available as the settings for either the Android or iOS app.

• Hi @txcook , are you logged in your Windy user account (it is the same one as you are using here) when you have the app open?

• Hi @jiminsandiego , here is the complete list of layers for which you need to change & save preferred units in the desktop version (only then they will sync with the app):

https://community.windy.com/topic/5578/overview-of-units-used-on-windy

• @marienka I am logged into Windy's web version when I make adjustment from F to C, and I can confirm that it is NOT saving that adjustment to the Android mobile app. I love Windy, one of the most effective weather apps I've used, but this is quite frustrating.

• @vastateofmind Thanks for your message. I was just testing it again and it worked for me.

Could you please check this link: https://community.windy.com/topic/6726/more-info-on-the-c-to-f-glitch/2

• Doing the same thing with the iPhone you set it up and hit save then come back to the main screen and it is back to Celsius

@slzr100 If you are having difficulty changing the scale using an Android or iOS app, then do it using the Windy website viewed in a browser. There are some changes which can only be done on the website using a browser. When you close your settings in the browser, they are saved to the cloud and are available as the settings for either the Android or iOS app.

• @Marienka I just set up this app on the recommendation of a friend. I can change the temperature scale on my desktop (Win10) from C to F - no problem. But, on my iPhone (using iOS 12.1.4), I can find no way to do it.
    I've closed the browser after confirming the settings on the desktop (which supposedly saves the settings to the cloud). I've closed the app on the iPhone. When I reopen it, there is no change - temps are in C and everything else is still metric, etc. I've read the two threads on here and gone to the link --

Is this "feature/bug" still not fixed? Or, have I just not stumbled on the solution yet?

Love the app, but this is frustrating!!

Dianne

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps