Have you seen Windy on your local TV Channel? Let us know!
test reply 123
I'm not sure that this is Windy actually (unless it has been customised) - the fonts, colours, and small details look a bit different:
@jmh2002 It's not Windy, it is Windfinder app.
Lakeguy last edited by
Yes. I’ve seen the Windy format used on a local TV station.
Today on World on Water again (sailing channel, english) as part of the RORC Transatlantic Race coverage there was 5 minutes of Windy from around the 11 minute mark in the video:
Here I managed to find the original article and video on the RORC website: http://rorctransatlantic.rorc.org/race-updates/weather-predictions-for-the-start-five-minutes-with-nacho.html
Windy is everywhere :)
Sailing Kittiwake (sailing channel, english):
Windy users on passage in a small sailing boat from Menorca to Sardinia in the Mediterranean Sea.
Windy screenshots seem to have been downloaded before departing as they stated earlier in the video they have no internet when at sea.
Flat calm most of the way which can be a plus and a minus depending on the situation.
These sailors said they were very happy with the Icon 7km forecast, which they found to be very accurate.
In the past I was fortunate to do a direct run from the South of France to Ibiza in similar flat calm conditions, absolutely beautiful, but a little faster at 320nm in around 8 hours.
Yes, an average of around 40kn, but no of course it was not in a small sailing boat like this. Both types of experiences can still create a lot of smiles... :)
Windy in magazines (not only on TV)!
Windy in magazines (not only on TV)!
Cool :) But it seems that I can't read the article without being a subscriber - not even 1 article as a 'free trial'...
It would be nice if they would consent to it being republished here on the Windy.com forum, although I do notice that the article seems to be from September 2017.
Free Range Sailing (sailing channel, english):
Windy is shown at the beginning of the video (around 1min, see screenshot) and also mentioned and used in detail from 13min30s onwards.
Windy maps on Ouest-France website. They use often Windy map, this time for the storm Miguel which is predicted tomorrow on french coasts.
They show 5 maps from Windy in this article.
CEPMMT means ECMWF in french.
Below Deck Mediterranean, BravoNetwork USA (Yachting TV Show, English)
Windy featured twice during Season 4 Episode 10.
Windy is seen being used on the bridge of the 47m private motor yacht "Sirocco".
watched too many times in gujrati channels in Gujarat state, india country. Channel name: Tv9 Gujarati, News 18 Gujarati, VTV Gujarati, Zee 24 Kalak
Today weather forecasts over the Atlantic are strategic for the skippers of the Transatlantic race Jacques Vabre. This race, also called Route du café, from Le Havre in Normandy to Salvador de Bahia in Brazil, is a double-handed race.
In the video here below, Vincent Riou and Sébastien Simon on one of the favorite boats are discussing about the different meteorological options... using Windy maps, including smartphone screen to get the laster model runs.
More information in English below about the race and skippers including Alex Thompson, Boris Herrmann (well known by Windy followers) and many others ...
A TV spot in Greece about COVID-19,
includes some images of Operations Dept.
of Civil Protection.
At 0:38 and 0:40 Windy is present at the video wall.
vsinceac | Premium last edited by
- In a French newspaper, Windy map used conjointly to MeteoFrance forecasts: http://www.ipreunion.com/actualites-reunion/reportage/2020/03/12/saison-cyclonique-risque-important-de-formation-d-une-tempete-tropicale-dans-les-prochaines-48-heures,115873.html
- BFMTV (France, national TV channel): https://www.bfmtv.com/international/dorian-suivez-en-direct-l-avancee-de-l-ouragan-qui-se-rapproche-de-la-floride-1759971.html
- FranceInfo (France, national radio station): https://www.francetvinfo.fr/meteo/canicule/carte-canicule-25c-30c-35c-et-bientot-plus-de-40c-suivez-en-temps-reel-l-evolution-de-la-vague-de-chaleur_3549357.html
- RTBF (Belgium, national radio station): https://www.rtbf.be/services/meteo/detail_tempete-ciara-a-quoi-doit-on-s-attendre?id=10428163
- CNEWS (France, national TV channel): https://www.cnews.fr/france/2019-10-02/suivez-en-direct-le-deplacement-de-louragan-lorenzo-qui-devrait-indirectement
- 20 Minutes (France/Switzerland/Italy, free newspaper), about some fake info :o))): https://www.20minutes.fr/monde/2727115-20200226-coronavirus-attention-carte-trompeuse-emissions-dioxyde-soufre-wuhan
- Ouest-France (France, big regional, daily newspaper): https://www.ouest-france.fr/meteo/calvinia-le-cyclone-s-intensifie-et-frappe-l-ile-maurice-et-la-reunion-6673489
- RTL TV (Belgium, national TV channel): https://www.rtl.be/info/belgique/meteo/tempete-ciara-les-premieres-rafales-pourraient-atteindre-la-belgique-des-la-fin-de-la-nuit-1194832.aspx
- France3 (France, national TV channel, in its regional edition): https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/provence-alpes-cote-d-azur/alpes-maritimes/nouvel-episode-mediterraneen-suspension-transports-scolaires-fermetures-etablissements-scolaires-am-1764805.html
- Le Parisien (France, big regional, daily newspaper): http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/alerte-cyclonique-maximale-en-nouvelle-caledonie-18-02-2019-8014254.php
- FBC News (Fijian Broadcasting Corporation): https://www.fbcnews.com.fj/news/natural-disaster/heavy-rain-alert-remains-in-force-for-western-half-of-viti-levu/
- Last but not least, Bloomberg, too :o))) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-06/windy-com-is-the-new-favorite-website-for-the-climate-obsessed
Not TV, but still a spectacular use of Windy images on https://www.severe-weather.eu/
Spectacular satellite imagery of two upper lows over Mediterranean and Iberian peninsula