Load our meteorological data into your Windy Plugin

• | Premium

This seems to be renamed to @windy/@plugins/plugin-data-loader. Is this change permanent or is it a bug? If permanent then please fix the docs and examples but I'd suggest keeping the original name.

• Code contributor | Premium

@jakubvrana, @marekd and @ivo

import dataLoader from "@windy/@plugins/plugin-data-loader";

works, thanks.

This follows a big upgrade, v27.

Modules with camelCase becomes xxx-xxx, and the ones residing in W.plugins, are imported as you described: import xxx from "@windy/@plugins/xxx-xxx".

• Administrator

@jakubvrana @rittels It is not on purpose. We made some internal building changes into client version 27. And we have forgotten about external plugins... Sorry about that and thanks for reporting!

• Administrator

@jakubvrana Ok, we fixed it with @rittels . Please, use @windy/plugins/plugin-data-loader for importing data loader. Also, make sure you have an updated version of compiler.js (https://github.com/windycom/windy-plugins/blob/master/compiler.js) in your plugins root.

Sorry about that, big changes bring errors sometimes :-) I will update docs soon.

• Could this issue raised by @jakubvrana also cause problems with @johnckealy's skewt plugin?

The skewt plugin was working for me earlier today but then started producing the following error:
    DI error: Can not resolve @plugins/windy-plugin-skewt module: Tinyrequire error: Module "pluginDataLoader" does not exist!

Same error on different browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge) and different machines.

@MarkRD

@johnckealy @vicb @jacobsjo

Yes. Many of plugins will be offline until we update our code.

• Paraglider | Premium

@rittels @marekd

Thanks for the notification. I'll update my plugin.

I am not using compiler.js (because it has too many limitations for my use case). So could you please describe the differences ?

Is it that plugin should be imported from @plugins/{name} ?

ie W.require("pluginDataLoader") should be changed to W.require("plugin-data-loader")

Many of plugins will be offline until we update our code.

What does that mean ? When can I try the updated version ?

• Paraglider | Premium

I had the following code

plugins["detail-render"].load().then(() => {
        W.define("meteogram-ext", ["meteogram", "Class"], function(m, c) {
          return c.extend(m, {
            legend: () => this,
          });
        });
        store.dispatch(soundingAct.setMeteogram(W.require("meteogram-ext")));
      });

which does not work if I replace "detail-render" with "@plugins/detail-render" any hit ?

The error is an not resolve @plugins/windy-plugin-sounding module TypeError: Cannot read property 'load' of undefined

• Paraglider | Premium

@rittels

I think by "offline" you actually meant "broken".
    I have published 1.1.8 that fixes it.

@marekd

I was actually using the meteogram to get the rain cloud cover.
    I did that by trapping inside the meteogram canvas and check the color...

I would be great if you provide and API to get the rain cloud cover at a given time and altitude - or make that part of the loadable data.

Do you think this is possible ?

• Administrator

We changed package path naming in a client version 27.

• @windy/* packages are from client core (shared components across the whole client, important for initializing and basic functionality) - but this namespace is traspiled during build to "old style" for some reason!
    • @plugins/* packages are all plugins (eg. plugin-data-loader)
    • no namespace is used for requiring local modules

Also we switched from camelCase to kebab-case.

So @vicb if you are using W.require directly without our compiler, I would recommend you to check the content of W.modules on windy.com.

@vicb @johnckealy @marekd

var pluginDataLoader = W.require('@plugins/plugin-data-loader');

@vicb I think if you access the plugins directly, thus not importing (or requiring), then it is still W.plugins['detail-render'].

• Paraglider | Premium

@rittels @marekd Thanks for all the info

(Yes it is definitely plugins["detail-render"] to access the plugin).

• | Premium

@marekd, thanks for the update. Backwards compatibility is sacred for me so I'm surprised that you break it just to change a name, especially if there are official docs and examples around. I can understand that this was an omission but I don't understand not reverting it once reported. Can you please at least keep both names? (I don't know if some kind of aliases are possible here.)

• Thanks for the info all, I've added a patch for SkewT :)

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Policy