Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy? (depreciated)
what are the advantages for the owner (of weather station)?
abbas72 last edited by
My name is Mazahir and I live in Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan. My house is in southern part of this city.
Currently two Weather stations are installed at my house, Ambient 2902 and Davis Vantage Vue.
Since July,2017 I have been Updating real time conditions to WUNDERGROUND . Ambient 2902's data is also being uploaded to weather cloud.
For uploading data I use CUMULUS by sandysoft for Davis Vantage VUE.
Althought Wunderground is a large platform and millions of weather stations are reporting there but there are short comings of that website too.
My suggestions for Windy API are:
- There should be an icon of PWS on Windy map, upon clicking it should open a small pop-up box, showing data of that specific PWS.
- The pop-up box and icons should be of minimalist design.
- The pop-up box should have digital gauges,as it makes it easier to read data.
- Windy should take the data from Professional Weather Station(PWS) and simulate it to show the difference between predicted models and real time data.
- Although Wunderground is a the biggest platform and thousands of weather stations are reporting there, they have server issues all too much ruining the experience. Therefore it would be a pleasure to send my weather station's data to Windy.com
Yes, I would love to share my area's real-time data with everyone, wither its on this platform or some other.
Zaeem Khalid last edited by
Hello Team Windy,
In addition to what Abbas72 has to say, I would like to add that Wunderground is a huge competitor in the weather station hosting websites. In order to beat them, some innovation is needed as weather underground's interface hasn't changed much in over 6 years and has also gone down in quality thanks to the mapbox.com maps. Yuck! The real-time stream of data being uploaded to wunderground.com is every 2.5 seconds from meteobridge, which is impressive and is archived on wunderground. Windy should develop a platform such that if you click on your desired public weather station, it should provides you with the dynamic options, like historical data of that PWS etc, max wind speed of the day, week, month with a click of a button from a drop down menu, etc.
if the API is as attractive as Windy.com's present simulation of the weather models, hands down you guys would give lots of competition to other weather station hosting websites. I hope to see progress with this regard. This is quite exciting!
miguelo78 last edited by
@ivo hello, which station should be good for you?
I’m thinking to buy a new one and if it is good for you better than no.
cuasor | Premium last edited by
Of course I want to report my weather station data to Windy.
My actual weater station is NETATMO, complete included rain and wind gauge.
Actually my station is registered in wunderground
Certainly no problem i am running a Davis Vantage Pro Wireless station,feeding mine results
to a few sites and perhaps also to you
Ronnie Roosendaal,Zoetermeer The Netherlands
I am a software developer
Of the www.weather-display.com
I can help you develop and test the api
Elmorromazo last edited by
My name id Juanma, I live in Villa de Mazo, La Palma in Canary Inslands. I have a Davis Pro Plus in weathercloud, in weatherlink 2.0 and weatherundergroud.
carmelo.catalano last edited by
I have a weather station, model Davis Vue, active from day 1 January 2019. The locality is Nunziata di Mascali. the weather data you can see them on www.stazionemeteonunziata.it
zewuhn last edited by zewuhn
Sie, und auch andere Institutionen bekommen bereits meine Wetterdaten zum Beispiel über NOAA und CWOP
siehe dort auch E8845 bzw. EW8845
Direkte Lieferung meiner Daten an WINDY wäre möglich. Achten Sie auf Qualitätsmerkmale der Wetterstationen, an Hardware und Software, an den Standort der Wetterstationen und Professionalität des Betreibers. Weniger sind mehr. Meine Homepage befindet sich gerade in Bearbeitung. Zum Teil sind Positionen nicht abrufbar.
You, and other institutions, are already getting my weather data via NOAA and CWOP, for exampleSee also E8845 and EW8845Direct delivery of my data to WINDY would be possible. Pay attention to quality characteristics of the weather stations, hardware and software, the location of the weather stations and professionalism of the operator. Fewer are more. My homepage is currently in progress. In some cases, positions are not retrievable.
My name is Branko from Ljubljana, Slovenia, EU. I live in the city center.
I'm owner of 1 weather station installed at my house terrace - Oregon WMR 88.
Since July,2016 I have been updating real time conditions to WUNDERGROUND.
For uploading data I use the Weather Display software.
Yes, I would love to share my area's real-time data with everyone.
TheRadarGuy Moderator last edited by
This sounds like a great idea! Glad to know its something on the horizon to expect.
- I currently have the AcuRite 3 in 1 weather station, but now that the AcuRite Atlas is now released I am probably going to upgrade to that in the near future
- I currently report my station data to Weather Underground
- I share the data through AcuRite's own data share feature from https://www.myacurite.com
- If you could somehow use a similar sharing method to what Weather Underground uses, that should enable most users to share their data easier
- I would be willing to share my station data to anyone, as long as it's not too complicated
I have a Aercus/ Ambient Weather Ranger that reports to Weather Underground from Doubtless Bay New Zealand
Not sure of the protocols or how to change the host but happy to share data if possible.
@ivo I use Netatmo Weather Station for Wind, Rain, temperatures, forecast etc. You should be able to pull the information directly from them and other Netatmo users (if they give permission).
The WeatherPro App has already added this (Personal Netatmo station) to their weather app and it makes a HUGE difference. Especially for me.
MartyBigwave last edited by
@ivo said in Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy?:
Are you owner of personal weather station? Are you maintainer of network of weather stations?
We plan to create API endpoints so you could send your weather station data to us. Please help us to do this project by answering following questions:
1) What type of weather station you have
peet Bros ultimeter 2100
2) Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
3) How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use.
4) Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like?
5) Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data?
I have a live full time connection to Ambient weather and the Weather Underground.
All my data is publicly available.
I really like the ambient interface found here
Ambient Weather ws-2902
gungnerhugin | Premium last edited by
@ivo said in Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy?:
- What type of weather station you have: NETATMO
- Do you report your data to some other Internet website? NO
- How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use. Done before with https push
- Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like? For NETATMO get it directly from there API after approval from user
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data? YES
- Davis Vantage Vue
- CWOP and Wunderground
- Hardware / Software Device called a MetoBridge
- Unfortunately not
- I would like to know where my weather data is being shared, more for my curiosity.