Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy? (depreciated)
Tadhgmor last edited by
Jaycar XC0422 a clone of an Ambient Weather WS-1002-WiFi
none at this time
Keep up the awesome work!
in Cabo San Lucas it’s Raining
thomasnylen | Premium last edited by
- What type of weather station you have: About 40 Vaisala Weather Transmitter WXT520 and 5 Paroscientific,Inc. MET4A Meteorological Measurement Systems scattered across the west Antarctica and the Transantarctic Mountains. Data from these metpacks are ingested into GPS datafiles and transmitted off continent via Iridium.
- Do you report your data to some other Internet website? Met data are pulled from UNAVCO and collated and archived on an FTP site hosted by the British Antarctic Survey.
- How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which
software or protocol do you use. Not applicable
- Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like?
No tips or ideas.
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only
windy.com) as open data? Yes
Bazil | Premium last edited by
ad1) NetaAtmo Weather Station
ad2) Yes, to WeatherUnderground and MeteoWare
API? NetAtmo API? Or it is API of MeteoWare and WU. I dont know ;-)
Installed at >60 locations. Also at our local airfield -- love it.
Trixter247 last edited by
Yes I own a Personal Weather Station.
- Acurite Pro 5-in-1 Color Weather Station with Wind Direction & Speed and Rain
- Report to Weather Underground, Weather Watcher network, Weather Channel as well as WPXI Channel 11 News, KDKA TV 2 News, and WTAE Channel 4 News in Pittsburgh PA and WJAC, FOX 8 in Johnstown PA
- Automatically Send information via internet every 5 mins.
- Make it look like Weatherunderground from The Weather Channel.
spanishhighs | Premium last edited by spanishhighs
- What type of weather station do you have? WE HAVE 2 - A DAVIS VANTAGEPRO2 & A WINDFLOW STATION
- Do you report your data to some other Internet website? YES - OWN WEBSITES, WEATHER UNDERGROUND, PWS, CWOP AND MORE
- How do you technically send your reports to this other website? Which software or protocol do you use? CLIENTRAW.TXT FILES VIA WEATHER DISPLAY OR WEEWX
- Do you have any tips and ideas on how our API reporting should look like? EASY AS POSSIBLE!
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data? YES, OF COURSE
Very interested in sending you my wx data!
- Davis Vantage Pro2 (Wireless)
- Yes: Wunderground, CWOP, MetOffice, PWS, WeatherCloud, lacostaweather.com
- Via WeatherCat (v.3.0.4) software
- I like a lot of the other suggestions listed in the comments.
- Yes, I'd like to share my data with just about anyone and everyone.
- Davis Vantage Pro 2
- Not currently
- I can craft something in python if necessary. I currently have a serial data stream from the console into a linux box.
- Id like to know what you have designed so far.
Yes I would.
It a 5 in1 acurite weather station
Yes, I report to weather underground
I use an acurite hub and an access hub to transmit the data from the weather station
- Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
- Weather Underground, CWOP, and many others
- Yes, I'm willing to allow anyone to use my weather data.
vkoron last edited by
- netatmo weathermap
What type of weather station do you have?
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (wireless)
Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
AWEKAS, CWOP, METOFFICE, WEATHERCLOUD and PWS and local-weather.me
- How do you technically send your reports to this other website? Which software or protocol do you use?
Software for MAC-Weathercat current version 3.0.4 build 91
- Do you have any tips and ideas on how our API reporting should look like?
5 day, 10 day weather forecasting at minimum
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data?
Depends. I have killed off WU after 12 years due to their incompetence and subterfuge regarding weather reporting and API use. I am not interested
in sharing information with companies who refuse to offer minimum services in exchange.
My name is Radoslav, my PWS WH 2080 is located in Vyškov, Czech Republic. The data is processed by WeeWX on its own server and displayed on http://www.pocasi-kucerov.cz/weewx/sofa/
The data are further reported on WU, AWEKAS, WOW Metoffice and PWSWeather. WeeWX also creates "realtime.txt" (Cummulus SW) and "gauge-data.txt" (SteelSeries Gauges) every minute, and these are available immediately.
WeeWX contains several uploaders, others can be easily added (more than 20 - see https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki).
The author of the SW is very helpful and I think that if you turn to him (http://www.weewx.com/), he likes to create another for Windy according to your requirements.
Of course I agree with the sharing of my PWS data.
If you are interested, contact me.
@ivo I don’t know of they count, but we have a Netatmo personal weather station. The data is uploaded automatically via the Netatmo website/module. It’s already open and we are willing to share it.
markdj | Premium last edited by
I have just had confirmation from Netatmo that their partnership with Wunderground has ended. I'm not sure when this happened but I don't think it lasted very long. Maybe it would be worthwhile for Windy to approach Netatmo?
I use Meteoware Plus to distribute my Netatmo weather data to Wunderground, WOW Met Office, and PWSWeather.
I have just installed the wordpress Weather Station plugin on my website but really don't know how to use it yet and the options don't seem to work very well.
- Froggit hp 1000
- Yes, I report all my data to Wunderground.
- I use an internet connection, the Wunderground service sends you a key. This key is putted in the monitor of the weather station. This monitor shows you the information and sends the data to Wunderground using that key. I dont know which protocol uses.
- I think the realtime display is very usefull for some users and you can save some data like 4-5 days ago. You may add menus for the different categories like: wind, rain, solar radation, etc; and a combo menu that combines all menus in one.
- Yes. I want to help your project with my weather data.
1.) Davis Vantage Pro2
2.) uploading to wunderground for several years but 12/2018 my station went off their map and they will not respond to emails; looking for a new home
3.) Currently only FTP to personal weather page
4.) It's all good
5.) Sure; it's weather; it should be free