Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy? (depreciated)
bridges last edited by
Hello, I have 4 weather stations with webcam in Italy:
Davis Vantage Vue with weatherlink-IP in Cavaria (Varese) active from 2012
Davis Vantage Vue with weatherlink-IP in Venegono Airport near Varese active from 2017
Davis Vantage Vue with weatherlink-IP in Tavolara Island near Olbia- Sardinia active from 2013
and a Vantage Pro wireless with weatherlink-IP in La Thuile- Mont Blanc at 2200 mt a.s.l. active from 2012
All the weather stations transmitting to Wunderground, Weatherlink.com 2.0, Awekas, some to CWOP and to my website (meteolathuile.com)
veretherogder last edited by
@ivo Yes i could do that.
glosee last edited by
@ivo I work offshore on the BP Thunderhorse PDQ. We are a reporting station through the AISR for NOAA.
- Ambient WS-1001
firasq last edited by
WH1080 from Clas Ohlson
frabetti last edited by
NETATMO: 2 Stations.
YES: To Weather Pro.
Automatically carried by Weather Pro.
Respuesta 1-WS-9037UN-IT--------WEATHER STATION --si
si me gusta informar los datos
Reorto los datos diariamente a la NASA NUBES
Instrumento de datos del clima-desde tierra:Hora local-Hora universal,Humedad-Precion Barometrica-Tiempo-lluvia-etc
Si estoy dispuesto a ofrecer los datos
hugowin last edited by
What type of weather station you have
I have Acurite 5:1 pro.
Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
Yes, to wunderground.
How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use.
via PC connection, with software provided by the manufacturer (AcuRite-pc connect)
Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like?
No, for now.
Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data?
yes, in fact I do it with those who follow my weather station
Plankies last edited by
thesoaringpotato last edited by
- What type of weather station you have
- Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
Yes, to my personal site, and to APRS/CWOP
- How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use.
HTTP POST content type application/json to my website.
HTTP POST content type application/octet-stream to APRS/CWOP.
- Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like?
As long as it's lightweight, fast, and well documented. What protocols are you looking at? Would be great if you had the option of the following to post data to Windy:
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data?
- What type of weather station you have
meteodoukades last edited by
With an improvised protective cage and a fan cooling fan in the cage for more accurate temperature measurement.
Yes in WU
and soon on other meteorological websites
with Cumulus 1.9.4
Yes i want
gnik last edited by
Rain in Corfu island 2 days (all day)
Gkikas LGPZ last edited by Gkikas LGPZ
Be prepared for another round of rainfall, starting tomorrow (24 Jan.) night!
P.S. Ivo asks for data provision from personal weather stations.
PixelThis last edited by
Definitely interested in this. I currently run a single weather station in Diamond Bar, California USA.
- It's a Weatherflow Smart Home weather station collecting temperature, rain, wind, pressure, sunshine measurements.
- The data gets reported to the Weatherflow site and is also supposedly reported through to Wunderground.
- The Smart Home hub automatically uploads the data to their site, there's an api for pulling the data down from there and there's also an API for collecting the data directly from the hub via UDP and BLE (https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/api/)
- Something using JSON would be nice.
zane123456 last edited by
At my house we record temperature and humidity, rainfall and Temperature changes throughout the day, I would love for you use my weather data but i will need to sen the number through to you by email
pierrelannoy last edited by pierrelannoy
I'm the developper of a FOSS WordPress plugin which collect, display and publish weather data. This plugin, creatively named Weather Station, allows its users to:
- Collect realtime data from stations they can access to.
- Store this data as long as set.
- Display data (current, daily & historical) in their WordPress site as widgets, realtime controls, textual values, charts, etc. (see here for all current visualization formats).
- Share data from real hardware stations ("virtual stations" are excluded from this process) with MET Office and PWS Weather.
- Publish data from real hardware stations ("virtual stations" are excluded from this process) as stickertags files to be consumed by weather networks (like Réseau Météo France, etc.).
You can find here a list of compatible services and brands of stations.
Currently, Weather Station is used on 3000+ individual or weather networks websites.
It would be really interesting for me to allow the users of my plugin to publish their data on windy.com and, maybe - if this is part of your plans - to allow them to collect data from stations published on windy.com. If you are interested too, do not hesitate to let me know.
Note: I am also interested to share data from my personal weather stations (Netatmo, WeatherFlow, Arduino) with windy.com if it's remains open data.