Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy? (depreciated)
Rain in Corfu island 2 days (all day)
Be prepared for another round of rainfall, starting tomorrow (24 Jan.) night!
P.S. Ivo asks for data provision from personal weather stations.
Definitely interested in this. I currently run a single weather station in Diamond Bar, California USA.
- It's a Weatherflow Smart Home weather station collecting temperature, rain, wind, pressure, sunshine measurements.
- The data gets reported to the Weatherflow site and is also supposedly reported through to Wunderground.
- The Smart Home hub automatically uploads the data to their site, there's an api for pulling the data down from there and there's also an API for collecting the data directly from the hub via UDP and BLE (https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/api/)
- Something using JSON would be nice.
At my house we record temperature and humidity, rainfall and Temperature changes throughout the day, I would love for you use my weather data but i will need to sen the number through to you by email
pierrelannoy last edited by pierrelannoy
I'm the developper of a FOSS WordPress plugin which collect, display and publish weather data. This plugin, creatively named Weather Station, allows its users to:
- Collect realtime data from stations they can access to.
- Store this data as long as set.
- Display data (current, daily & historical) in their WordPress site as widgets, realtime controls, textual values, charts, etc. (see here for all current visualization formats).
- Share data from real hardware stations ("virtual stations" are excluded from this process) with MET Office and PWS Weather.
- Publish data from real hardware stations ("virtual stations" are excluded from this process) as stickertags files to be consumed by weather networks (like Réseau Météo France, etc.).
You can find here a list of compatible services and brands of stations.
Currently, Weather Station is used on 3000+ individual or weather networks websites.
It would be really interesting for me to allow the users of my plugin to publish their data on windy.com and, maybe - if this is part of your plans - to allow them to collect data from stations published on windy.com. If you are interested too, do not hesitate to let me know.
Note: I am also interested to share data from my personal weather stations (Netatmo, WeatherFlow, Arduino) with windy.com if it's remains open data.
Kount Phloyd | Premium last edited by
- Acurite w Acess point
- Yess wunderground ID KMAWESTF81
- VIA Acurite link MAC 24:C8:6E:0A:62:82
coolmandan03 last edited by
- What type of weather station you have - AcuRite 5-in-1 Weather Station
- Do you report your data to some other Internet website? Yes
- How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use. AcuRite Access for My AcuRite Remote Monitoring - upload to Weather Undergound
- Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like? Show each weather station reporting (like weather underground)
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data? Yes
1 What type of weather station you have
Ambient Weather 2902A
2 Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
3 How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use.
I use WeeWX and have added report generators for various service not included in the default package. Most (all?) are RESTful
4 Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like?
I do not, as I like the website and app as is. If PWS data is used, I'd leave it as a data source and not clutter the display with all the PWS sending data. Make it available of course, maybe a separate layer or display page.
5 Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data?
Yes, of course. Data is a useful and valuable thing to many industries, such as the power industry.
@ivo Ambient Weather WS-2902A,
- Davis vantage vue
- weather underground
- weather display software
- nothing unfortunately
thanasis.ibrahim last edited by
Unfortunately, I don't have a weather station
Sorry dont have...
@pierrelannoy Great to hear. Now we are just doing research
What type of weather station you have?
My name is Dennis I have a Vantage Pro 2 plus in Sand Point, Ak
Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
Yes, automatically to Davis WeatherLink IP software.
How technically do you send your reports to this other website. Which software or protocol do you use.
Davis weatherlink software, sent continuous
Do you have any tips and ideas, how should our reporting API look like? An icon on your map would be helpful
Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data? It is already open to everyone on the Davis weatherlink map the ID is westnagai Sand Point, AK 99661
AKat21444 last edited by
My name is Andreas and I live in Germany - south of Hamburg.
As I'm interested/willing to share my data here the answers to
your questions :
1 ) weather station "Forever Speed" / software "Easyweather V 9.0"
3) data export from the software possible in CSV Format
the following data can be provided :
- temperature (°C)
- air humidity (%)
- absolut air pressure (hPa)
- relativ air pressure ( hPa)
- wind speed (m/s)
- gust speed (m/s)
- wind direction
- wind chill (°C)
- precipitation (mm)
the system writes data record every 15 minutes (min setting)
- Yes and willing to provide data and support as best as practicable
@ivo ok I agree,
I,have,nt report no one.
I,m interested to report.
Give me more information.
Thank you very much
Francfo | Premium last edited by
To feel useful to others.
Charlie56 | Premium last edited by
@abbas72 Of course, I have a weather stations PCE-FWS 20 in Monterotondo (Rome). What do i do?
For "more info.", please read Ivo's anouncement
and help him by answering the questions.