Three sugestions - new model & new features
I have three sugestions:
- I can't access all models in the app, for example AROME can only be accessed on the web-page rather than the app. It would be very helpful if this could be changed. I am a regular user of the app for sports purposes, and hence need detailed maps, especially in alpine areas.
- add more small grided models such as the COSMO-1 app by Meteo swiss, in my experience this model is superior in alpine areas.
- for the small grided models with very short forecast ranges, enable smaller time intervals than one hour, as the detail in these maps increases, it would be usefull with a more smooth view of how the weather changes (10 minute intervals gives a much better picture, look at Meteo Swiss for example)
- The mobile app should be updated shortly, the website is always updated first to find any bugs then the mobile app will be updated once the latest version is stable.
- The COSMO model is not easily available for free and therefore Windy will probably not include it.
- The small gridded models Windy uses forecast in 1-hour intervals by default and can not change that.
Cosmo D2 by Dwd Germany is available for free..
and SKIRON for the Med. Sea
unfortunatelly at low resolution.
@Gkikas-LGPZ Cosmo-D2 is the new Cosmo-DE