Three sugestions - new model & new features
stonereg last edited by
I have three sugestions:
- I can't access all models in the app, for example AROME can only be accessed on the web-page rather than the app. It would be very helpful if this could be changed. I am a regular user of the app for sports purposes, and hence need detailed maps, especially in alpine areas.
- add more small grided models such as the COSMO-1 app by Meteo swiss, in my experience this model is superior in alpine areas.
- for the small grided models with very short forecast ranges, enable smaller time intervals than one hour, as the detail in these maps increases, it would be usefull with a more smooth view of how the weather changes (10 minute intervals gives a much better picture, look at Meteo Swiss for example)
- The mobile app should be updated shortly, the website is always updated first to find any bugs then the mobile app will be updated once the latest version is stable.
- The COSMO model is not easily available for free and therefore Windy will probably not include it.
- The small gridded models Windy uses forecast in 1-hour intervals by default and can not change that.
Cosmo D2 by Dwd Germany is available for free..
Gkikas LGPZ last edited by Gkikas LGPZ
and SKIRON for the Med. Sea
unfortunatelly at low resolution.
@Gkikas-LGPZ Cosmo-D2 is the new Cosmo-DE