Innacurate Wind in Firefox

• Photographer

Hello - I'm seeing inaccurate wind speeds and animation in one particular profile in Firefox for Windows (66.0b4). When I load a clean Firefox profile, everything works properly, but I can't stop using the profile where I'm experiencing the bug. I've tried disabling all add-ons, toggling all relevant settings, clearing cookies and the cache, and using a Private Window but the problem persists. No errors in the console. Happy to provide more information if useful.

Edit: I'm also experiencing this issue on https://www.windfinder.com, so it must be something common to both.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Firefox
    2. Open Windy
    3. Select wind layer

FF.png

• Photographer

Ok, having spent more time troubleshooting, I believe the steps to reproduce are as follows:

1. Have a wide-gamut monitor
    2. Create a custom color profile for the monitor and have Windows use that profile
    3. Set gfx.color_management.mode in Firefox to option 1. (The default is 2.)
    4. Continue with steps in previous post

That's a pretty narrow set of circumstances, but maybe someone else can reproduce.

Anyway, by making some tweaks, I think I have it working now.

Thanks!

• I've been experiencing this issue too in Firefox with all of your steps above, but with a typical sRGB monitor (Dell U2415). This seems like quite a messy issue; I'm filing a bug report with Mozilla.

• Photographer

@ascom Would love to see the bug report you file!

Thanks

• same problem here, for the last few weeks.

standard firefox on a multitude of windows PC's. Tried restarting firefox without addons, but the problem persists.

Also experience issues with windfinder.com

@drooze said in Innacurate Wind in Firefox:

Also experience issues with windfinder.com

Does this then mean that the problem is with Firefox, not with Windy? Or?

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps