time delay or other factors with updates to account settings changes?

• ... may or may not have encountered a bug ...

.. with respect to the Reported wind layer, I am finding that at smaller scales (encompassing a large[r] area), the Reported wind vectors / #'s are obscuring the particles animation to the point where I can't really tell what the particles animation is trying to communicate to me ... I have disabled the Reported wind layer in my account settings, however, that layer / feature continues to persist ... are there certain factors / account status protocols affecting htis behaviour? i.e. where I must log out of Windy.com on all devices? ... in order for a change (as described) to take effect?

Thanks, FFF

• Sailor

@Frankenstien
    To disable the Reported wind layer you just need to click on Empty map.

A8F59BC4-37E4-4E85-9860-9D2D1B6601C7.jpeg

Btw I do not understand how « you have disabled the Reported wind layer in your account settings » ?

• Thank you idefix37 ... I would not have realized that control was required to 'Empty (the) map' ... that's much better for the view I sought ...

And, perhaps 'disable' is not the best choice of terminology for turning the 'Reported wind' control off ... see my screenshot:

8e5dbb85-32bd-4ee4-a7f3-ca9cb472cede-image.png

Thanks again, FFF

• Sailor

@Frankenstien
    « Disabled » is perfect. I was just wondering how you have done it in your account settings.

• Hey idefix37 ... since Windy.com refers to pushing a logged-in user's settings to the cloud ("Your settings are saved to the cloud") and those changes are global for that user, I use the term 'account settings' a little loosely I suppose ... maybe 'user settings' is better?, however, now it's just semantics I think ...

idefix37 maybe you can help with another small mystery (to me) ... even though I have selected 'Watching' for this (my) thread, I am not getting e-mail notifications of your Replies ... (?)

• Sailor

@Frankenstien
    OK I see.

Sorry, I can’t help you because I don’t use this notification by e-mail.

• Administrator

Hi @Frankenstien , unfortunately these e-mail notifications (that should inform you about a reply here on Windy Community) are not working. You just need to log-in here and watch the notifications ("bell" icon) in the upper right corner. We're sorry about that.

Perhaps @mates-dolda could check whether it's possible or not? (We were talking about this issue some time ago when we still used the old NodeBB version).

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps