Use Windy layer over our own map

• Hello,

is it possible to have a map like Google map or Here map and to display Windy informations over it.

Like the "Satellite" layer view in Google map.

Thank you.

• Would it be better? This is what exists in Windy now, compared to the Google map and its satellite images:

Windy's Map:
    1.png

Google's Map:
    2.png

Google's Satellite:
    3.jpg

Then when you zoom out a bit:

Windy's Map:
    4.png

Google's Map:
    5.png

Google's Satellite:
    6.jpg

But when you zoom out further the overlay colors will washout the satellite image's colors. Meanwhile the essential geographic features are still visible in Windy anyway for weather-related purposes:

The satellite image is going to be covered with a colored wash from the overlay on top, but it will also interfere with the overlay's color display and detail if there's a transparency factor used to show both of them (maybe a slider to find the best mix of the two):
    8.jpg

But Windy is already displaying the major topographical and human features anyway through the weather overlay - in this case the 'Rain Accumulation' overlay:
    7.png

Would a satellite background be better for weather forecast detail? Probably not.

But a satellite background sure would look good behind some overlays like clouds and snow for instance if there was transparency where no information was being displayed (plus an On/Off button for the satellite layer).

• Sailor

@tsc
    Hi,
    You have the choice to use the default map or a satellite view.
    Just select Settings and scroll down the list. Then change the Background map type.
    But both background maps are only available at low zoom levels.

05251F08-461B-4AEF-9E1B-2BC85CBAB059.jpeg

As @WXcycles said, I do not see the benefit of using this map type. But you may prefer it...

• Hello,

thank you for your answers.

My problem is that I work for a map provider, we develop our own map and I want to add the Windy layer keeping my map.

I want to let our customers to activate or not the weather using Windy API.

In my first post, I used Google Map as an example but we only want to use Windy layer on our map (and eventually on Here map).

Is it possible ?

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps