Paragliding Spots missing, no longer see info when hovering with stylus

• Hi,

One of our local flying sites that has been in Paragliding Earth for more than two years is no longer visible in Windy.

In the past, I could hover over the PG icons with the stylus on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and the detail for the site would pop up. That no longer works. The stylus works fine in other apps.

I'm a subscriber and would appreciate a reply from Windy support.

Thanks,

Steve

• Global Moderator

hello @stevecrye, could you please specify which spot are you talking about?

• @kekert Thanks for the quick reply! The problem happens with any of the hundreds of little PG icons when Windy is ser to display them . I used to be able to hover over them with my stylus, and just like hovering over them with a mouse on the browser, the details would pop up. That stopped working in the Android app. Interestingly, on my Note 9 if I go to Windy.com in Chrome on the phone, the details work if I hover over using my stylus. Just not in the app. See attached.alt text

The missing PG spot is called Nelson's Launch, located in El Paso TX.

• @kekert Hello, any progress on the bug? Symptoms persist; hover-over paragliding spots with the Note 9 stylus works if using Chrome or Firefox, but with the Android app no details pop up when hovering with the stylus.

• @stevecrye Steve, when it stopped working? Because we update the app several months back. I will check with my colleague if this will be fixed in the next release which is due this week.

• Administrator

Unable to replicate the BUG

• @ivo on some mobile devices it was possible to hover over a POI and it showed the details as on desktop. However, it seems that this option disappeared and maybe it will be because of the change in Leaflet.

Screenshot 2019-06-18 at 15.55.11.png

• @TomSlavkovsky Thanks! FYI the problem is intermittent. Yesterday, for a few minutes, the hover with stylus worked . Then I closed the Android app and it stopped working. I have tried soft reset but that did not fix it.

• @ivo Thanks for looking, Ivo! My phone is a Verizon Note 9 running Android Pie. Please see my reply to Tom.

• @TomSlavkovsky Hi Tom. I just applied the latest update (Baloons) , bug is still present. I cant be sure when it last worked, perhaps February? It definitely has not worked since Android Pie hit my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
    Thanks for checking!

• @stevecrye Hi, just applied latest update (storm from space splash screen) Hover -over with Note 9 pen still not bringing up details for Paragliding spots. Works from my Note 9 with Chrome and Firefox if I browse to Windy.com.

This has to be something in the api toolkit that has changed. It was working back in February.

Thanks,

Steve

• Hi there, I have the same Problem. The Link "Detail of paragliding spot on: paraglidingearth.com" is missing on my Android Phone (both Windy by browser (mozilla) or APP) but ist working fine on my Desktop PC using windy with Mozilla.
    Thanks
    Bernd

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps