@louismg give it a go. Work in progress
New version: 0.3.3
- Input ranges are marked.
- You can choose between AGL or above MSL. (todo FL/QNE altitude).
- Improved interaction with the airport plugin: Clicking an airport, will display the ICAO name in the Picker. You can then either add the airport to the flightplan, or click on the airport name to open the left pane with the airport info.
- Smoother interaction with the route planner.
- You can toggle between zulu or local time. The local time with offset is displayed in the flight plan. Daylight saving time correction is also done.
- In the settings menu: You can select to display the timezone name in the info marker, and the timezone polygon will be highlighted, this is off by default.
- Let me know what you think and report bugs here.
peterevans last edited by
This is a fantastic tool. Thanks for your excellent work.
I am now using this to optimise FAI triangles for maximum length using Winds aloft predictions ... my longest foot launched PPG FAI triangle is 313 km.
Can I suggest you output the GPX file as a GPX ROUTE rather than a GPX TRACK or allow the user to select this as an option. A GPX ROUTE can be imported into most flight instruments to be used during the flight ... I use LK8000. GPX files can encode 3 types of data...
- wptType are individual WAYPOINTS
- rteType are a ordered set of waypoints (lat and long) generally used to represent a planned ROUTE
- trkType are a ordered set of waypoints (lat, long and time) generally used to represent an achieved TRACK
The only changes need to convert a GPX TRACK to a GPX ROUTE are:
- replace "trkpt" by "rtept"
- replace "trk" by "rte"
Link to GPX TRACK exported by FLIGHT PLANNER
Link to file that has been converted to a GPX ROUTE using the above translations
I would be VERY HAPPY to provide you with detailed feedback on any of your developments.
Once again, thanks for your excellent work.
Pokediger1 last edited by
Thanks for the feedback. You're welcome to make suggestions.
I am busy trying to coordinate interaction between the plugins.
I have done a small test with your flight planner... for a boat trip. I’m not an aviation specialist :)
I have tried it on iPad mini 4 using Chrome.
It works but I have noted some remarks and issues:
- When scrolling the time/distance slider, the wind map does not change and is frozen.
- The small pop-up window (a) is not so useful at sea. After closing it, it appears again each time the time/distance slider is moved. It would be better to have this window closed or simplified when Boat is selected.
- The keyboard hides the route planner. So it’s difficult to change some parameters.
- Changing from landscape mode to portrait mode and vice versa, Boat is automatically switched to IFR.
I’ll continue to test it.
Thanks for testing it.
Scrolling the route planner will have no effect on the map. You have to drag the vertical slider line, the map is then supposed to correlate.
Yes. I agree. I have been planning on either detaching the info window or have an option to hide it.
Keyboard: My idea is that no editing is done with the route planner open. You set the route and departure time and speed with the plugin, and then open the route planner, which is then superimposed on your route. (Actually you should not really need the keyboard at all). I don't know why the keyboard obscures the route planner.
Changing to IFR on resize: Should be fixed now.
(I must admit that I have not tested it for boat at all yet. I have been thinking of making a planner for sailing, one day maybe.)
As Marek said, mobile is very tricky. I am just playing with it, for fun and as a challenge, and really jumping the gun.
@rittels said in How to use a route planner:
You have to drag the vertical slider line,
What line do you mean? I don’t see a vertical slider line. My first screenshot does not show any vertical line or I miss something.
The use of keyboard is just needed to change the speed in route planner. I see in plugin that it’s possible to set an airspeed but not below 10 kt, which quite fast for a normal sail boat. If I set 7 kt in route planner (it is possible even with the keyboard overlapping), the ground speed in flight plan and in the window does not update. However the duration of travel is correct with 7 kt.
On tablet with Chrome it’s quite easy to use it. I’ve tried too on smartphone, but it does not works.
OK it’s what I was calling the time&distance slider. But it does not make the map changing?
EDIT: right now it works. The map changes when moving this slider.
Yes, I see. The info box uses the speed set in the plugin, and also uses this speed to calculate the timestamp. Unfortunately the lowest speed is 10 kt.
I have added an option under
Settingsto select slow speed for the slider.
OK I have got it, by now I am not able to open the route planner. It seems to be blocked.
OK sorry I did not do in the right way, I must create the route first !
pplante last edited by pplante
Hello I have a bug today (yesterday October 8 was fine)
on 2 differents computers, same error:
Message that appear :
Elevation did not load:
TypeError: Failed to fetch
Flight Plan is great. Thanks.
Thank you!!! Let me know if you think of any improvements.
Can you add native support of Skydemon route files? It saves a route in 6 different file formats including GPX, but it uses a slightly different strings compared to the way your plugin creates a GPX. Also, Skydemon's *.flightplan file has the most proprietary data available.
Try loading a skydemon
Still not able to save in their format.
I also added the mobile sliding-close style. (Dark theme not right yet)
@rittels great! Thank you very much! Saving is not a big deal, because I only use loading function to check weather along my route.
Can you re-check it one more time, please? For some reason, Flight Planner doesn't pick up the first (starting) point from *.flightplan route file.
PS: I re-uploaded my RAR-file, because url was broken.