Be aware. Russian "Windy" app uses our name and want you to pay for nothing.

• desc:warning this is not our app;

We are getting more and more emails and fb messages from disappointed users who downloaded Igor Kamenev's Windy app that is disturbing our brand, while they thought they are downloading official Windy.com.

Let me make it clear. All Windy apps are free with 44 weather layers and around 8 forecast models. At Windy, we believe that weather data should be available to anyone for free, therefore our apps are without any charge. However, there is an option to donate to keep us running.

Make sure you are using real Windy apps

Windy for iPhone

Windy for iPad

Windy for Android

Thank you!

Shortened version of this link: https://on.windy.com/CopycatOfWindy

• @BarboraSamkova just got a bill for 88.99 for that Russian app.
    Wish i had seen your post 🤔

• Administrator

@Big-Fella Hi, we are sorry to hear it, try to claim a refund.

• This is the point where holy, boring copyrights/trademarks/etc. could really help...

• Hi, I can really sympathise with you guys if someone has taken your concept & replicated it (that really sucks!). I love the visuals and the fact that you show the ECMWF for all users. However, I have to admit, as a surfer who wants to just quickly see at a glance on the same page, the swell height, swell period, wave energy, wind direction & strength, tide etc, I find the interface of the “Windy” App easier to use to quickly see the next few days at a glance.

The other thing I really like that you guys should think about adding is the ability to customise the interface and choose the sport you are interested in so it just displays all this information that you are after on the same page by default. (Surfing, fishing, kitesurfing etc).

The Windy app is definitely expensive for the pro subscription.. but it’s almost worth it.

Keep up the great work.

Trev

• Administrator

@trevbucky Hello, thank you for your feedback. However the swell, swell height, period or wind is already visible and at one place in the detail of the location. All you need to do is to click on the map, expand detailed forecast and tap on Waves option.

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps
Terms and Conditions     Privacy Policy