Bug with having to kill the app when displaying a web page.
btschumy | Premium last edited by
This is a bit of a hard bug to describe. I think it only happens in the iOS version of the app running on an iPad. It does not seem possible to get into the same situation on the iPhone due to a difference in the UI. I suspect it occurs because the iPad web view using the standard desktop UI and not the mobil UI.
There are two aspects of the bug:
A. It is possible to get into situations where you have to kill the app in order to get back to the main chart.
B. There seems to be multiple sets of settings being stored (at least the settings related to customizing the Quick Menu) and sometimes the app loads with one and sometimes with the other.
Note, this is on iPad:
- When running the app, tap the clock icon in the lower right while the ECMWF forecast is being displayed. This brings up a short description panel.
- Tap the ECMWF link after the “Provider:” label. This opens a web page and there is a Done button at the bottom of the screen to return to the map. This is working as it should.
- After returning to the map, tap the icon with three horizontal lines (hamburger menu) in the upper right. This slides open a panel on the left
- Tap the Menu tab if it is not already selected. From the list of menu items, tap “Install Windy Plugin”. From the new screen, tap on the “Windy Plugin” link.
- This will open a web page pointing to the community forums. There is no Done button at the bottom to get out of this. Because this is not a true web browser, there is also not a back button to tap.
- This only way I can get out of this is to tap the “Earth” icon in the small tool bar at the top of the page. This will take you back to a map, but my Quick Menu is no longer the same as previously. It has loaded new settings..
- As a further part of this bug, not tap the Clock icon again and tap ECMWF.
- This open a web page again but there is no longer a Done button as there as was in step 2.
- At this point you are screwed. There is no way to get out of this. All you can do is kill the app and restart it. Doing so appears to reload your original Quick Menu and you are back to where you get a Done button when tapping the ECMWF link.