Animation: Combined Hourly Rainfall Amounts + Thunder + Clouds

• Hi there,
    Currently the Rain+Thunder and Clouds+Hourly Rainfall Amounts (QPF) are shown as two separate animations. It would be more useful for advanced users to combine these layers into one animation. I also find the brown background shade in the Clouds animation unpleasant to watch, especially because the land and oceans are all in brown. I feel there should be a more "neutral" darker shade, perhaps dark greenish, bluish or grey. Thanks for all your amazing work! I am a big fan

• Sailor

@Avjaco
    Cloud layer shows already rainfall (not thunder)
    Then you can customize color scale of this layer as you like.
    Go to Settings > Customize color scale > Cloud

• Thanks. Why not also provide hourly rainfall and the depiction of thunder + the clouds layer all in one? It would provide a more impressive and helpful animation tool.

• @Avjaco
    Cloud+rainfall layer comes from forecast models.
    The lightning layer comes from blitzortung project, is a real time observation and is not covering the whole world.
    c8df79a8-bdc0-4893-8629-33539139e3d3-εικόνα.png

You cannot combine real time with forecast data.
    Lightning layer provided in conjuction with radar imagery (both are observations, not forecasts).

• I meant combining only prognostic data! The forecast animations also display convective indices which outline areas of possible convective development and lightning! Thanks

Windyty, S.E. - all rights reserved. Powered by excellent NodeBB
NodeBB & contributors, OSM & contributors, HERE maps