Since the previous beta test was useful and thanks a lot to everyone for joining in, we decided to continue with beta testing. The new version is ready!
What's new in version 35.0.0
- New hurricane tracker with history and newly also with forecast (if available for selected hurricane)
- Added HRRR models for North America
- Fixed bounds for local models
- Tens of bugfixes and improvements
Dev changes (for plugin developers)
- Whole client is now in TypeScript
- Local model bounds are now 2D array of coordinates:
- Removed monkey patching of
@plugin/picker. It should not affect internal API, but just in case...
- Huge amount of other internal changes without changing client API
(cc: @rittels, @jakubvrana, @vicb, @johnckealy)
How to report an issue from testing?
Just post a comment in this thread below :-) If you provide us with:
- a step-by-step manual how reproduce the error
- what exactly is wrong
- what it should do correctly
It will help us a lot! Thanks.
Please, try to not duplicate other reports. If you found someone else already report the same issue, just upvote his/her post.
How to join beta?
Open https://www.windy.com/beta-test address and follow the instructions. You can leave beta test at any time. To leave the test, just click "BETA" sign on Windy logo (or visit mentioned address again) and follow the instructions as well. In a case of a total disaster, delete the
beta=1 cookie for the windy.com domain and refresh the page.
Beta test is available only for desktop (browser) version.
Feel free to disccuss anything! Not just bug reports :-) Thank you for your help!