One of the most requested feature is finally here! Now you can plan your trip or flight with our route planner.
How does it work?
Just use Distance & planning, which is a feature you might already be familiar with, and select the forecast type you need.
For example VFR:
Several points for discussion:
- All winds are relative to the direction of movement by default, i.e. the green arrow pointing to the right is a tailwind, the red arrow pointing to the left is a headwind. You can change direction of movement (form bottom to top, from left to right) or set absolute directions (north up).
- Do you think any particular forecast type or values are lacking?
- The forecast is defined for one specific moment (which has been selected on progress bar) in time for the whole selected track (this will be changed in the future). What would be the best for you?
Currently, in the test version, there are still some TODOs for us:
- add mobile phone and tablet support
- add the option of defining the speed of movement, and the option of changing the forecast in the course of time
- connect our KML, GPX, GeoJSON file upload with the Route Planner