As a developer, paragliding enthusiast and traveller, I'm very interested in Windy plugins, as it would allow me to develop my dream feature: An improved paragliding sites map, inspired by paraglidingmap.com but much better because it would have Windy's performance and great features :)
Starting from the base windy pg overlay, here are a few ideas I would like to implement:
- Change icons based on site orientation, change icon color based on flyability (see below)
- Add a flyability feature (based on wind strength & orientation & others, something like paraglidingmap but better :) )
- Add a detailed popup for flyability
- Add an "open in google maps" feature
- Activate only at a certain zoom level (for performance reasons)
- From a click anywhere on the map, add a "where are the closest flyable options from here?" option
Therefore, I have a few questions:
- Do you think it is feasible?
- Is the paragliding overlay developed as a plugin on your side, and is there any chance I could get access to the code?
- If no to 2), I see you use pgearth API, is there a way to access the these infos from my plugin, or would I have to get all the infos on my own?
- Would it be best to alter the overlay you already have (if it is even possible?), or to create a separate one?