Looks like meters per second?
Latest posts made by rajid
RE: What wind speed and gust units are in the API?
RE: How to Access the Windy Stations Data
It sure would be nice to have an API which tells you information from the closest publicly available weather station to the GPS coordinates you give. I like being able to get my own weather station data, but if I'm not at home, I'd like the closest station to where I currently am.
RE: Would you like to report your weather station data to Windy? (depreciated)
- What type of weather station do you have?
Davis Vantage Pro
- Do you report your data to some other Internet website?
Weather Underground & OpenWeatherMap
- How do you technically send your reports to this other website? Which software or protocol do you use?
I use my won custom software to report via HTTP to both.
- Do you have any tips and ideas on how our API reporting should look like?
REST is good. Easiest would be to incorporate all update information into one URL call along with the PWS ID and a personal API key. This would make it possible to debug easily with any web browser and to even upload using programs like wget or curl.
- Would you be willing to offer your station data to anyone else (not only windy.com) as open data?
I would be willing to participate in beta testing as well. I have almost 40 years experience in networking / programming in various languages/protocols.