Hi Windy fans and Aviators
I have been (very slowly) working on this for a while. It might be somewhat superfluous, since @marekd is creating something similar.
There are still kinks to be ironed out, but usable:
- Go to windy.com/plugins and enter windy-plugin-fp. Once loaded, right click/long press on the map for context menu. Then click Flight planner.
- The plugin is meant for recreational VFR flight planning.
- Use the weather picker to plot a route.
- You can also upload a route. (Upload formats: .gpx, .ep1, .efp. Download: .gpx.)
- Airports (found in the Windy Airports layer) can be used to add a waypoint.
- Sliding the aircraft icon along the route will set the Windy map to the appropriate time and altitude.
- Altitude, speed, time and date can be set for selected legs.
- Long press on a row in the flight plan to select single leg.
- Click the "Read Wx" button to fly along the flight plan and read the weather data. Do not move the map during this period, may take a minute or more.
- Ground speed and corrected ETE are then calculated.
- "Allow Drag" button allows dragging the waypoints. "Lock Drag" again to prevent dragging accidentally.
- In the Settings menu: Alert values for different overlays can be set. The alert sections will then be marked with red along the route after "Read Wx" has run.
- Airspace data from openAIP.net has been translated to geojson and can be loaded in the Airspace menu. Do not load too many countries.
hope it is of value....
Latest version: firstname.lastname@example.org : Added @marekd 's route planner .