@gfay63 Greg, I will contact via email directly as soon as my colleague will let me know where the problem is. Preliminary, we can now see only the wind direction in our database.
Posts made by TomSlavkovsky
RE: Mac Weathersnoop software Windy Weather Station Upload!
Cumulus MX - How to send data to Windy
To set up Cumulus MX for Windy is very straightforward.
To start you need to go to Cumulus Admin interface, then:
- Navigate to Settings | Internet settings
- Scroll down to the Windy.com entry and click the arrow to expand it.
- Tick Enabled, optionally select Include UV, at this moment will be not displayed on web, but will be saved.
- The Catch up option sends historic data for any gap if Cumulus is shut down and restarted. This is only applicable if you have a station with a data logger.
- Set the Station ID, for most people with one station this will be the default value of zero.
- Enter the API key, be careful to include it whole.
- Set the upload Interval, this has a minimum value of 5 minutes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
RE: My API key is constantly modified after some hours
@dfousek please send me your station ID, I will check your station. Could you try to send data every 5 minutes?
RE: Windy suddenly not accepting data
@jure_13 Hi Jure, it seems that you mixed up the station ID. On Windy Stations, you have registered
Station 0. However, you are sending data to
Station 1. You are sending data to Station 1 for 7 days. So I recommend to create a new station on Windy Stations and that station will get the number
1, this will fix the problem. Let us know
pywws - Great python software app to send data to Windy
To be done soon.
In the mean time check pywws on Github https://github.com/jim-easterbrook/pywws
WifiLogger - Easy way how to send data from Davis stations to Windy
WifiLogger is a very simple solution for Davis weather stations consoles to manage the station and upload data to Windy. WiFiLogger is an autonomous device, which doesn't need a power supply cable or a computer to post weather data to the internet. All you need is WiFi and internet connection. WifiLogger is a chip, which plug-in directly to the console. Through the web browser interface, you manage the station and upload to Windy.
To set up data export to Windy from WifiLogger, you need to go to the main screen of WifiLogger and then go
Setup/Data Export Setup.
There is a box with
Windy.com export settings. Here you need to enable the service, fill out the
API KEY(a very long hash) and
Station ID. The API Key and Station ID you need to visit Windy Stations webpage. The API key is on the top of the page, to generate the Station ID you need to add a new station, just click
+ Stationand fill out all the information.
2, I filled number correspondingly into WifiLogger's Windy.com export settings. This is the most common problem when the user mixes the
RE: my PWS Weatherstation shows no longer data on Windy?!
@Bise we will have look and will let you know.
RE: Error uploading to WIndy.com, worked before!
Hi @staccermaccer, there is a problem in the station name. Station must be:
32 bit integer; required for multiple stations; default value 0; alternative names: si, stationId
Check following thread on Community: https://community.windy.com/topic/8168/report-your-weather-station-data-to-windy/2
RE: Madeira satellite image - Portugal
Hi, this is not possible. Unfortunately, Madeira is on the extent of three data sources:
- European composite from EUMETSAT, 5 minutes updates
- World composite from EUMETSAT, 15 minutes updates
- World composite from GOES, 10 minutes updates
RE: what about a 3D weather viewer?
Hi @mhaberler, thanks for the suggestion. However, it is not necessary to check Cesium, when Ivo's other startup was Melown Technologies, which is way better than Cesium. https://www.melowntech.com/intergeo2017/
We will reintroduce the 3D view next year.